No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We have an opportunity for a mid-level Automation Engineer working at the Navy’s location at San Diego, CA/Point Loma, CA. This position provides an optional 9/80 schedule and relocation assistance is available for well-qualified, selected candidates. You must have an active DoD TS/SCI security clearance to be considered for this position.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting software integration, test automation and information assurance teams with automated build solutions. The position supports design of code automation framework for the program, document automation requirements and maintain automation developer's guidance. Some of your daily tasks will include:
- Document the installation and configuration of various software components and support the baseline automation framework by submitting automation code updates and respective test automation test cases.
- Support all required environments by ensuring patch compliance, baseline software updates and system health/status checks. Follow existing and document new procedures and guidance to ensure corrective actions are taken to restore environment functionality.
- Create scripts to set polices and standards within the Operating Systems. Scripts will be needed for quicker patching and debugging.
- Automate, develop, and perform software deployments for both internally and externally developed software test environments
- Perform deployment installation audits and baseline identification for test environments.
- Support development change management processes such as the Engineering Review Board (ERB) and Change Control Board (CCB)
- This position requires an active DoD TS/SCI security clearance; must be “SCI Eligible” in JPAS with a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 4 -8 years of related experience including software installation and maintenance experience.
- Must possess or have the ability to possess an IAT II certification level, i.e., Cybersecurity Workforce Credentials IAT 2 (Linux and or Windows OS and Security+ or equivalent).
- Extensive experience with automation tools, build support and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) practices.
- Extensive knowledge, experience of automation tools and software such as Ansible, Puppet/Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation, Powershell
- Extensive knowledge, experience building and automating VMware vSphere and Amazon Web Service (AWS) based infrastructures
- Strong background/certifications with installing and configuring software within Microsoft Windows Server and Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating systems.
- Experience with container based platforms, such as OpenShift.
- Experience with build automation support tools such as Jenkins or Nexus.
- Experience in writing detailed installation, configuration and system administration guides.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Experience working in government/defense labs and their computing restrictions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and will be required to have contact with both a project technical lead and be able to take direction from our Navy government lead.
- Experience writing scripts for at least one operating system (Linux, Windows).
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
Working knowledge of Information Assurance and Certification & Accreditation requirements as well as facility security requirements provided by SSC-PAC.
Experience designing, installing and troubleshooting virtual and cloud data analytics environments, including the Navy Tactical Cloud Reference
Implementation (TCRI) and the Agile Core Services (ACS) framework.
Experience writing scripts for at least one operating system (Linux, Windows)
Experience with Geospatial-based application development and web-portal frameworks such as Ozone Widget Framework highly desirable.
Experience as a tool administrator for Atlassian SCM tools suite.
Experience designing, installing and troubleshooting virtual and cloud data analytics environments, including the Navy Tactical Cloud Reference Implementation (TCRI) and the Agile Core Services (ACS) framework.
Prior work as a software engineer is a plus.
Proficiency with MS Office Products (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.