The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Mid-Tier Backup Engineer/Administrator in Bethesda, MD.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides storage and backup systems administration services
- Provides technical support for the Storage and Backup management and monitoring solutions, including IBM TSM and CommVault Simpana
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of data replication services, including SAN to SAN replication, remote backups, deduplication, among others
- Investigates new technologies and identifies opportunities where these technologies can enhance HSS’ capabilities in a cost-effective manner
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, MIS or related subject or 4 years of additional related work experience
- Minimum 4 years of related experience
- Required, ability to gain a public trust clearance
- Knowledge of Storage technologies, date backup technologies and Tape Hardware Architecture
- Proficient knowledge of Storage virtualization, data center infrastructure, and SAN / NAS technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate technical standards clearly and concisely
- Demonstrated ability with problem solving techniques; such as root cause analysis to resolve issues
- The Ability to apply critical thinking to abstract issues
- Self-starter capable of working in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Ability to support storage and backup in a production 24x7 environment, with rotating on-call duties
- Ability to obtain/maintain Public Trust Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.