The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Engineering Manger to provide technical expertise and functional management to a large cross-functional team within an Intelligence Community agency. Work will be performed in Chantilly Virginia.
Successful candidate will provide software development and functional management support within a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) software development environment. The candidate should have a background of prior management experience, and working within a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) execution construct. Ideal candidate has software development project management experience and an understanding of application integration with Free and Open Source (FOSS, and Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) products, specifically Oracle IdAM product suite.
Roles and Responsibilities:
There are two primary areas of responsibilities, Functional Management and Release Train Engineer (RTE).
Management responsibilities may include:
- Providing leadership and direction to development team members, including development managers
- Staffing current program openings for the team
- Onboarding new program team members, ensuring they are brought up to speed on the scope of the program
- Executing the performance assessment, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions for the team members under purview
- Collaborating with subcontractor team members’ leadership for staffing needs
- Updating corporate tools related to personnel staffing and functional needs
- Planning and allocating resources across program task orders for financial reporting
- Participating in proposal efforts including Basis of Estimate (BOE) and technical volume writing
- Managing personnel on the agile software development teams
- Overseeing training across the agile team members
- Performing timecard review and approval actions
Technical execution responsibilities as Release Train Engineer (RTE) may include:
- Managing sprint cycle within agile tool
- Tracking content status across program’s agile teams
- Facilitating collaboration across development and operations teams within program via Scrum of Scrums meeting and other less formal forums
- Briefing customer on development progress throughout program increment cycle
- Leading metrics collection and dissemination
- Facilitating sprint and program increment demos for internal and external audiences
- Creating content for program’s website as new releases are deployed to operations
- Facilitating Release Planning Events (RPEs), including logistics and technical preparation
- Managing schedule execution and overall release plan for the program
- Providing technical execution oversight to the test team throughout each program increment starting with identifying test plans through Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Independent Verification & Validation (IV&V)
- Providing leadership and coordination to shepherd baseline releases from development code cutoff to operational deployment completion.
- Supporting customer test milestones
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Previous Project or Program Management experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Leadership and staffing experience
- Experience as a Scrum Master or Release Train Engineer
- Experience working with a SAFe Agile software development team, managing project deadlines
- Successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, good attitude, be a results-oriented team player, creative thinker, problem solver, and follow all Leidos ethical standards. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Domain knowledge and/or experience, especially familiarity with software development or Oracle IdAM products (OID, OVD, OUD, OIF, OAM, OES, OIM)
- Familiar with program’s suite of tools (JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence)
- Experience working with the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- Experience supporting the Government Program Management Office and briefing status to a Government customer
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.