The Defense Health Operation of Leidos is currently looking for a Research Assistant III to support the Rickettsial Diseases Research Program of the Viral and Rickettsial Diseases Department, Infectious Diseases Directorate, Naval Medical Research Center, Silver Spring, MD. The position will provide laboratory and technical support to senior technical and professional staff.
The ideal candidate shall:
- Perform laboratory research projects, including animal experiments, molecular and immunological assays, as well as collection and organization of data.
- Make detailed observations about experiments.
- Provide basic data analysis and interpretation.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, and protocols.
- Maintain clear and accurate laboratory records, inventories and logbooks.
- Perform data entry for research projects and maintains databases.
- Maintain compliance with established laboratory safety and other procedures.
- Provide leadership in the proper disposal of infectious and hazardous materials.
- Provide quality control, trouble shooting and the maintenance of specialized reagents and equipment.
- Maintain supplies in the laboratory and keeps the laboratory area clean.
- Work is to be performed on a government installation. The normal work week is Monday - Friday 0800 to 1630.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline is required.
- Minimum Experience: 4-6 years laboratory experience required.
- The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a candidate who already has this clearance level.
- Due to Federal contract requirements, US citizenship is required.
- Willing and able to endure long periods of standing and sitting as well as working in a laboratory environment up to Biosafety Level 3 (Biological Select Agents and Toxins)
- Capable of using N95 respirator or PAPR
Experience in BSL-3 environments is desirable.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Laboratory Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.