Leidos Defense Group is seeking an IT Project Manager to join our team at the Joint Base Andrews, MD customer site. You must hold an active DOD Secret clearance with eligibility to obtain a Top Secret/SCI.
As the IT Project Manager for this program, you will:
- Deliver & consistently report project timelines, risks, constraints, cost, schedule and performance targets of multiple projects with matrixed resources and ‘agile’ priorities
- Leverage strong proficiency with Microsoft Project and the MS Office suite to develop and maintain functional project schedules and reports, including custom resource utilization and cost/schedule/performance metrics reports
- Perform Risk Management
- Coordinate requisite contract actions, modifications, quotes
- Lead teams to define, optimize, standardize and follow operational processes and metrics based on best practices and ITIL framework
- Ensure efficient application of change, configuration & release management processes
- Ensure that all changes to the baselines go through appropriate change boards, serve as a member of Change Control & Engineering Review Boards
- Define and implement Document Management & version control processes (check-out/check-in, merge, build, re-lease, etc.)
- Responsible for reviewing processes, and resources to make recommendations for improvements to increase productivity and reduce costs
- Evaluate the portfolio of systems & solutions, assess functional requirements, develop and propose innovative solutions (processes, tools, alternatives, etc.)
- Conduct inventory/procurement management, technical refresh, software update tracking, version control implementation and standardization across the supported environments
- Design technical release templates and to draft release notes in support of release process
- Write and update technical documents, procedures, TTP, SOPs, etc.
- Develop and implement Earned Value Management (EVM) processes and tools
- Serve as the project manager for a large, complex task order (or a group of task orders)
- Assist the Program Manager in working with the Government Contracting Officer (KO) and Government management personnel.
- Provide overall management of the specific task order(s) and insuring that the technical solutions and schedules in the task order are implemented in accordance with the task order specifications.
- Demonstrate experience managing systems, network engineering, IT systems implementations or IT functions in a federal government or multinational environment.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, Engineering).
- Twelve years direct experience in the last fifteen years supporting IT projects and initiatives as a project planner, manager, or comparable position.
- Must have demonstrated experience with the forecasting, planning, and resourcing technical projects with responsibility to deliver within cost, schedule and performance.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- A minimum of one year experience supporting DOD NIPR, SIPR and/or Coalition (CENTRIXS, BICES) networks
- Experience implementing/optimizing ITIL Change & Configuration Management processes, metrics & reporting tools within an Enterprise environment
- Strong proficiency developing & presenting custom project reports, dashboards, metrics, visualization of concepts & processes using MS Project, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong proficiency in developing, improving and establishing business processes and supporting tools
- Proficient in use of SharePoint and fundamental Knowledge Management practices
- Must hold active, in-scope Secret with the ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI Eligibility
- Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements: US Citizenship is required
• PMP Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.