Leidos' Bio-Behavioral Research Group is looking for a full time Research Assistant III to support the Viral and Rickettsial Diseases Department (VRDD) at the Naval Medical Research Center in Silver Spring, MD *This is position is contingent upon contract being awarded to Leidos*
Primary Job Duties:
- Perform scientific research as part of team under the guidance of research scientist
- Responsible for proper collection and handling of samples in lab environment
- Create and keep detailed records of experiments.
- Develops necessary new technologies and protocols.
- Collaborate with other technical team and professional staff including subcontractors and military personnel.
- Assist with the preparing of written reports, manuscripts for submission to scientific journals, and presentations for scientific meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 1+ years of experience working in a research lab
- Must have or be able to obtain Secret clearance
- Must be a US Citizen
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Laboratory Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.