Leidos is seeking a Project Coordinator to work on-site at the US National Data Center (US NDC). The US NDC is the geophysical data acquisition, data processing, reporting and archiving component of the United States Atomic Energy Detection System (USAEDS) operated by the Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC) at Patrick AFB, FL. AFTAC's mission is to monitor compliance with nuclear test ban treaties to standards set by US verification and policy leaders. The candidate will support a multi-year contract involving a state-of-the-art nuclear test monitoring system. Candidates must possess a current Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI.
The qualified candidate will need to be agile in performing a wide range of duties associated with project administration, management, and documentation support. As a Project Coordinator tasks include but are not limited to assisting the Project Manager with the following:
- Manage and monitor project task progress and performance
- Identify, mitigate, and manage technical risks
- Assist in resource management
- Manage an internal team combined schedule with priority and dependencies
- Assist with documentation needs for project tasks
- Ensure clear communication between stakeholders
- US citizen with a minimum active DoD Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret SCI clearance
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience; additional relevant training and experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Background and experience in Project Management concepts
- Professional disposition to interact with peers, customers, and management on a daily basis.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail, driven, and focused on timely completion of tasks
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment on multiple tasks.
- Self-start capabilities and requires minimal supervision.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience using security classification guides a plus.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.