Leidos Flight Service has help desk position available in our National Support Center to work in our Ashburn, VA facility. We support users of an FAA contract supporting general aviation customers in Preflight, Inflight, Operational, Emergency, and Special Services. Leidos Fight Service provides meteorological and aeronautical information to assist general aviation customers in making informed decisions regarding their intended flights, including but not limited to preflight weather briefings, processing flight plans, search and rescue, as well as inflight meteorological and aeronautical information. Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer. Due to contract requirements, the position requires U.S. Citizenship.
The candidate will join an exciting team of help desk technicians supporting the FAA Automated Flight Service contract. This is a great opportunity to gain customer support experience working in a small call center supporting a wide range of users and customers across the country. This job provides exposure to many technologies used around the world. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for effectively solving routine technical problems following established procedures and policies.
• Assists in all activities of a Help Desk supporting program employees and pilots who use our service.
• Ensures that help desk tickets are tracked, assigned and closed appropriately.
• Maintains a service-oriented attitude in all situations.
• Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups, and customers.
• Actively monitor systems and respond to critical system issues.
• Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
• This position requires the candidate to have a flexible schedule in order to support a help desk operation that runs 24 x 7.
• Maintain good writing, interpersonal communication, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently and be a contributing team member.
• Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience
• Familiarity with some form of ITSM ticketing platforms
• General knowledge of Linux/Windows operating systems
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Customer Service Experience
• Call Center Experience
• Account Management Experience
• Able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer
• Due to contract requirements, this position requires U.S. Citizenship
• Experience using Jira Service Desk
• Experience using Nagios infrastructure monitoring software
• Knowledge of general aviation and/or the national airspace system
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.