Leidos is seeking a talented Data Scientist/Data Analyst (must have an active TS with SCI eligibility) to join our team in supporting a federal customer within the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Security Operations Center (SOC). The candidate will monitor and respond to cyber security threats and perform threat hunting, threat detection, and event analysis at an experienced level.
The candidate will
- Perform monitoring, research, assessments and investigate potential security events/incidents.
- Conduct threat actor based investigations, identify/detect actor methodologies, and provided expert support to incident response and monitoring functions.
- Determine and classify the severity of alerts and assess potential impacts.
- Provide recommendations for containment and eradication of threats.
- Work closely with the Prevention, Vulnerability Management, and Threat Intelligence teams to implement custom detection of new and emerging threats.
- Lead digitization efforts to automate routine playbooks and always be on the lookout for opportunities for automation.
- Conduct big data analytics and analyze data sets for anomalies and trends.
- Build dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
- Develop advanced scripts for the manipulation of multiple data repositories’ to support analysts’ requirements.
- Create and update security operations processes and procedures as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university/college in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field with 12 - 15+ years of related technical experience. Or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. Candidates shall have a minimum of five (5) years of experience specific to large data reduction and analysis and/or Splunk data analytics.
- Advanced understanding of Incident Response framework, root cause analysis
- Experience with Splunk dashboard creation
- Strong knowledge of Splunk Search Language and SQL
- Experience in the use of DB Connect to pull data from various database sources
- Ability to create complex searches to meet analytic requirements
- Experience writing Splunk queries in Splunk Programming Language (SPL)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Splunk certification (Admin preferred) with multiple years’ experience
- Must have an active TS with SCI eligibility.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.