Leidos is seeking a Pre-Sales Solutions Architect (PSSA) in Austin, TX.
This role is part of the CTO Group and primarily provides Solution Design Leadership .
The role entails leading the solution development of opportunities pursued, supporting the delivery technical teams as a SME, keeping track of industry and vendor capabilities to identify new opportunities, recommending and leading POC’s / trade studies and supporting R&D projects including making recommendations.
The primary client this role will support is Veterans Affairs.
- Support CTO Group as directed e.g. Lead R&D projects, Tech Deep Dives, Reviews etc
- Support BD and Capture teams identify and pursue opportunities:
- Support Decision Making
- Identify Opportunities
- Qualify Opportunities
- Proposal Readiness and Development
- Lead SA on medium or large size business captures and proposals
- Experience supporting Federal/Defense a/o Health government agencies an advantage
- Ideally experience in Federal/Defense a/o Health
- Experience with Cerner EHRM an advantage
- Managing a team of technical staff
- Background as a Software Developer, Engineer, Designer or Architect
- Developing and maintaining client relationships
- Designing, implementing and /or using a variety of SDLC tools
Technical Experience with:
- Enterprise IT architecture background
- Multiple architecture models e.g. 4+1, Microservices, SOA, TOGAF & or Event Driven
- Cloud Native Architecture and Infrastructure Patterns e.g. 12 Factor
- Containers, Service Mesh and API management platforms
- Performing Cloud migration in Azure or AWS e.g Lift & Shift, Re-Factor and Re-platform
- Orchestration tools e.g. Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef and /or Terraform
- Migrating legacy applications to the cloud
- Developing cost models, basis of estimates (BOEs) and Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Performing requirements traceability - operational and non-functional (e.g. horizontal & vertical scalability, performance, maintainability, load distribution, resilience and recovery)
- Developing ConOps and /or Solution Approach Outlines
- Designing solutions to cost, win and execution
- Agile delivery methods e.g. Scrum, SAFe, Kanban
- SDLC tools
- Developing solutions and proposal writing
- Capturing technical requirements and defining technical solutions in service, conceptual, execution and /or technical views
- Developing transformation roadmaps
Bachelor's Degree and at least 12 years of IT experience is required
- Manage high pressure situations
- Interface and communicate effectively with both engineers and executives
- Evaluate new technologies and stay current with a broad range of industry trend
- Articulate rationale for design decisions
- Devise, develop and apply innovative technology to solutions
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes
- Resilient with the ability to find innovative ways around against road blocks
- Have broad experience and skillsets that span in all levels that make up a business solution
- Enthusiasm and curiosity to explore and pick up new technologies and concepts
- Can work in an iterative way starting with ambiguity and loosely structured requirements
- Thrive in fast paced, high change environments
- Can work independently
- Fosters an inclusive team environment
- Refined presentation and communication skills with ability to tailor message to the audience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.