No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
Leidos has an opening for a Windows Server Systems Administrator SME (Azure and VMWare Experience).
Change Process: Must be able to support requirements from a customer and to maintain Windows Platform solutions in test and production. This work may be done independently or as part of a team.
Incident Response: Troubleshoot Windows-related service issues including outages, anomalous behavior, and slow response class of problems. Outages may be on critical systems and candidates must be able to work methodically through these stressful events. Must be able to provide recommendations to optimize Windows operation and performance.
The individual selected for this position will be a member of the Windows Platform Services Team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in Washington, DC. This individual will provide Windows Systems Administrator Services and manage, operate and maintain Windows servers at the customer site. SME Level hands-on knowledge of Windows server administration is required for this position.
This position requires:
- 12 – 15 + years relevant work experience as a SME-Level Windows systems administrator with an IT equipment vendor, service provider, or a data center
- Create and deliver server capacity planning for the Windows platform;
- Ensure server performance thresholds are operating in accordance with industry standards based on the life of the server;
- Collaborate with networks and storage teams continually to ensure the infrastructure capability is providing the most effective and efficient performance.
- Demonstrated experience with clustering and network load balancing, certificate management, and managing Windows servers remotely.
- Demonstrated experience with Windows servers (Windows 2008, Windows 2012, 2016, and newer) as well as Tier 3 troubleshooting to maintain the Windows infrastructure for the current and new application hosting environments.
- Responsible for maintaining documentation for the Windows servers footprint to include physical and virtual across all environments, maintaining the Windows patching schedule and executing patch and version updates, monitoring servers capacity, servers performance, and performing server recaps.
- Experience with Active Directory Federation Services, clustering and network load balancing, certificate management, and performing backups and restores.
- Participate in disaster recovery (DR) planning and execution in support of customer requirements;
The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that the customer’s IT needs are met quickly and effectively. He or she will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers on site and with staff in the main office in Washington, DC.
Required Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 12+ years of overall related experience with a Windows server environment; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree
- Maintain and administer a multi-site, multi-domain Windows server on-premises infrastructure and in Azure Cloud IaaS environment;
- SME level Responsibilities related to maintaining production with reliable and stable operations that includes but not limited to SME level understanding of Windows Services and Servers, Advanced Troubleshooting, and advanced Windows Server communications and hosting within Azure Cloud Environments.
- SME Level Understanding of Windows Server design, configuration and administration
- PowerShell Scripting experience
- Completing registry backups and modifications
- Group Policy Management (GPO) and application of Local Security Policies
- Use of Windows Task Scheduler
- Application of security settings/STIGs and other commercial security best practices
- System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration
- System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools
- Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining virtual and cloud environments
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
- Must have Active Top Secret upfront.
- MCSE, VMWare, or other industry standard certifications
- ITIL training and/or certification
- Past experience with the Department of Justice
- DOJ or DOD Active Clearance
- Customer interface experience
- Managing Active Directory/ADFS and DFS
- Network knowledge and experience
- Working knowledge of NetApp and other storage devices
- Exposure to SQL and Oracle and database concepts and installations
- ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with Remedy
- This position requires that a security investigation be completed by the DOJ to permit access to customer-sensitive but unclassified information.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, and newer
- Microsoft SCOM, SCCM, OMS and similar tools
- Microsoft Azure Backup
- Symantec End-Point Protection
- Citrix XenApp
- Veritas NetBackup and Enterprise Vault
- NetIQ DRA and SSPR
- Meta-Directory Services (MDS)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.