The QRC Airborne ISR Systems Division of the Airborne Solutions Group of Leidos currently has an opening for a Flight Operations Center Lead supporting the PSS-T program. Leidos is the Product Support Management and Logistics lead for an unmanned aerial intelligence platform located in various CONUS and OCONUS operational areas and depots. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Persistent Surveillance Systems – Tethered (PSS-T) program.
The Flight Operations Center (FOC) Lead for PSS-T program is responsible for managing the activities of the FOC team and improving communication and workflow for the cross-functional teams responsible for operations and sustainment of the PSS-T fleet. FOC team consists of technical support for IT issues, FSR support for troubleshooting and response to all failure types, and Logistics Liaison Officers responsible for planning and implementing a logistics and/or FSR deployment response to system failures or supply shortages.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead daily activities of FOC team to ensure success in critical response efforts, capture and disseminate information pertinent to key stakeholders, and improve overall performance based logistics metrics by developing smooth workflows for the cross-functional teams responsible for operations and sustainment of the PSS-T fleet.
- Responsible for development of CDRL A009 by developing workflow to obtain all necessary data elements and consolidates all reportable activity from sites into a daily status report.
- Responsible for leading FOC staff in the development of Performance Based Logistics Metric (PBLM) reports from each of the operational sites/systems and providing PMO staff and other stakeholders information about critical response efforts, operational availability metrics, intra-theater personnel movement, down time for weather or operational related incidents, maintenance status, sparing posture and more.
- Responsible for hosting the daily operational status teleconference with all primary stakeholders to include TCOM, PD Aerostats, and other stakeholder leadership.
- Coordinate response to various system failure types, system downtime, weather events, and emergencies by coordinating with program management staff, personnel logistics, FSR teams, logistics staff and other program staff to manage Critical response efforts.
- Monitor FOC staff to ensure 24 hour call center coverage, program performance metrics exceed the contract requirements, staffing level is appropriate, and tasks are distributed correctly.
- Consultant for the PM of Logistic in process improvement/development efforts.
- Other duties as assigned in response to contractual reporting or mission requirements.
- Bachelor Degree with minimum of four (4) years of operations or logistics management experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of education
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience leading a team to solve problems that are unclear and require a thorough understanding of program requirements and resources.
- Experience briefing and developing reports for executive leadership, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience teaching lower level employees new skills and resources to improve their ability to respond to unclear problems.
- Ability to organize cross-functional teams to implement a response to urgent mission requirements.
- Ability to monitor and manage a team responsible for several OCONUS locations and multiple mission systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Site lead or Operations Manager experience in the DoD industry.
- Prior experience and demonstrated proficiency using an Integrated Data Environment to pull together resources necessary for critical response efforts.
- Experience developing Performance Based Logistics Metrics (PBLM) reports.
- Experience with maintenance planning, supply distribution, Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) planning and implementation and parts provisioning.
- Experience using technical manuals and maintenance instructions to respond to failure types.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.