Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Network and Performance Services Manager / Western Processing Center (WPC) Data Center Manager in support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) – Information Technology (IT) program. The OCIO Corps of Engineers Information Technology (OCIO-CEIT/G6) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to ~ 40,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). OCIO-CEIT/G6 is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers.
OCIO-CEIT/G6 provides direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning, and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency IT services.
The Network and Performance Services Manager / WPC Data Center Manager is responsible for managing network and performance services; computing center operations; ensuring production schedules are met and computer system resources are used effectively; coordinates the resolution of production-related problems; establishes proper relationships among customers, teaming partners, and vendors to facilitate the delivery of information technology services; provides users with required computer output in a timely manner; and supervises staff operations.
Our USACE Operations Center, Enterprise Performance Management and Tools, and Network Services Operations functions support the 24x7x365 global operations of a diverse CONUS and OCONUS network supplying telecommunications and connectivity services to US Government customers around the world. This includes Wide Area Network, Local Area Network performing request fulfilment, incident management and service restoration activities using a suite of automation tools and working with long haul and local carriers.
Manage operational work teams and supervise and oversee technical baseline configurations; Verify STIG/IAVA compliance and ensure network meets DoD Command Cyber Readiness Inspection standards. Coordinate across all USACE Divisions, Districts and sites worldwide.
This includes leading the following teams (teams may change as needed to support the enterprise):
USACE Information Technology Operations Center (UITOC)
USACE Enterprise Performance Management and Tools
USACE Configuration Management Services
Network Services – Network Operations / Network Operations Center (NOC)
Network Services – VoIP Operations
Network Services – Video Tele-Conference (VTC) Operations / Appspace Services
Network Services – PBX / Voice Systems
• Coach and lead the dynamic technology and data center team in support of Corps virtual infrastructure comprised of a distributed portfolio of 2 data centers
• Focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, and cost-effectiveness
• Develop and set measurable objectives for the data center and technology team and individuals to guide them in achieving results
• Oversee staffing and mentoring to maintain a high performing engineering / operations team
• Execute and direct all aspects of data center operations including the operation, maintenance and repair of all mission critical equipment and systems to achieve compliance with all SLAs
• Evaluate Networking, Storage, Virtual and Physical Server Farms, Security and Monitoring and report status to executive management
• Work closely with the System and Network Engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach to solve issues
• Directly Manages the Western Processing Center (WPC) Data Center, including management of physical and systems security across CorpsNet (NIPRNet) and SIPRNet (Unclassified and Classified)
- Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- BA/BS or equivalent and 5 or more years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 3 or more years of prior relevant experience
- 3 or more years of management experience (hands on, player/coach management style) in a technical mission critical environment
- 5 or more years’ experience as a Systems Administrator or Network Administrator
- CISSP or equivalent certification current, or obtain within first 6 months of start/hire date
- Computing environment certification (i.e. MCSE, VCP6.5-DCV, etc.)
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- Experience managing data centers in DoD, DA, or Army Corps of Engineers environments
- Knowledge of Army Corps of Engineers mission and IT environments
- Experience leading and managing virtual teams across all functions in various USACE locations
- Customer Service Focused - ability to deliver sustained high performance and high levels of customer satisfaction; requires 24x7x365 support, working extended or off hours to solve critical issues.
- Analytical thinker, Metrics Driven; drive quality, process and continual service improvements
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to effectively translate and communicate complex technical information and risk to all levels of internal and external organizations
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical ability
- Team building, mentoring and coaching skills
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Work well under pressure with differing levels of Management
- Ability to maintain confidential information and communications
- Exposure to other network monitoring systems and IT Service Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.