At Leidos, we welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world. As part of our company mission, we're dedicated to making the world a safer place. That starts with helping our customers in the Defense industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores -- our dedicated Defense Group scientists and engineers are solving critical challenges across the globe. Defense capabilities including enterprise and mission IT, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, operations support, logistics, and training serve a diverse set of customers including the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, the Defense Information Systems Agency, and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has a career opening for a Senior Field Service Engineer for the Airborne Reconnaissance Low Enhanced (ARL-E) program located in Manassas, VA. ARL-E is a multi-year program supporting the U.S. Army with upgrading and enhancing the Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities of their airborne reconnaissance fleet.
The Senior Field Service Engineer will perform integration and maintenance of the Airborne ISR (AISR) system. As a part of a multi-company team, the candidate will integrate Mission Equipment Payloads into aircraft, perform system checkout and support the Test & Evaluation team throughout the Contractor Testing and system fielding. The ARL-E team is geographically separated with primary duty locations of Manassas, VA and Aberdeen, MD. This position will be located in Manassas, VA. The Senior Field Service Engineer will report to the Integration Lead Engineer located in Aberdeen, MD.
The position is responsible for assisting leadership with the technical oversight, and day-to-day design, development, integration, and testing of a hardware and software system architecture to support the AISR system. The Sr. Field Service Engineer will integrate airborne sensors and data links, manage integration processes, and have the ability to identify innovative solutions to extremely complex, multi-faceted technical problems.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Integration of government and contractor primary mission equipment
- Testing equipment and creating/updating documentation associated with integration activities
- Termination of system cables
- Performance of subsystem Integration Assembly Test and Checkout
- Troubleshooting to isolate system faults and perform repairs
To be considered for these positions a candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline and 8+ years of related experience or a Master's degree and 6+ years of related work experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Active DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Civilian and/or military experience with AISR programs
- Possess strong troubleshooting, problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook)
- 50% travel may be required to support activities at each of the primary duty locations as well as CONUS test ranges.
- Knowledge of aircraft integration and operations
- Experience in formal testing and documentation to include Developmental Test and Evaluation (DT&E), Limited User Test (LUT), and Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E)
- Experience with integrating networking hardware/software into ISR Ground Stations and Airborne Platforms
- Understanding of Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) architecture
- Electro Optical, Infrared (EO/IR) sensor experience
- Full Motion Video (FMV) experience
- Hyperspectral Imagery (HSI) sensor experience
- Communications Intelligence (COMINT) sensor experience
- MX Series sensors (MX-15, MX-20)
- BIG GREEN
- ACES HY
- Be able to pass a Class II flight physical and altitude chamber
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.