Leidos is seeking a Proposal Coordinator to support the Strategic Partnerships group under Science & Technology Strategic Plans & Programs at the National Energy Technology Lab (NETL). NETL is part of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) national laboratory system and supports the mission to advance the energy security of the United States. NETL implements a broad spectrum of energy and environmental R&D programs that will return benefits for generations to come.
The position is directly related to NETL's pursuit of reimbursable work and enables funding and research growth within the Research and Innovation Center. The Proposal Coordinator will be responsible for assisting Strategic Partnerships in identifying and pursuing opportunities for expanding funding sources (e.g., non-FE DOE, other federal or government agencies, CRADA partners, private-sector organizations) across NETL, but especially the Research and Innovation Center.
Support for this effort is anticipated to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Assisting in identifying and providing information on funding opportunities to NETL personnel (e.g., FOAs, RFPs, BAAs, DOE Lab Calls, SERDP and other Federal Agency solicitations, etc.)
- Directing and/or participating in all aspects of proposal preparation including creating templates and collecting boilerplate materials (e.g., facility/equipment descriptions, NETL overview, resumes), developing budgets, ensuring compliance with funding opportunity requirements, handling the receipt of deliverables from NETL and any teaming universities/organizations, writing technical documents, creating graphics, editing, reviewing content, and assembling final documents
- Working with NETL researchers to develop comprehensive multi-organizational proposal budgets including completing complex budget forms required by the funding organizations and preparing Field Work Proposals
- Developing and maintaining proposal schedules with NETL researchers and external teaming partners including small and large businesses, universities, and other national laboratories
- Coordinating technical, quality, and management review teams to strengthen the proposal and ensure compliance with funding opportunity and applicable government rules and regulations
- Performing quality reviews of proposal packages to confirm requirements have been met, as well as ensure overall document consistency, quality and accuracy
- Submitting electronic and hard copy proposal packages by due date
- Collecting, tracking and analyzing submitted proposal data; preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and developing custom reports for Strategic Partnerships upon request; developing reporting tools that assist NETL in managing reimbursable work efforts and pursuits
- Developing training seminars and other programs or materials to educate staff on the logistics and strategies of pursuing reimbursable work
- Networking to promote the lab and its capabilities; developing business relationships to identify strategic partners for collaborative research; connecting with innovators that could license lab technologies
- Bachelor's degree in science, business, or related field, or commensurate equivalent education plus experience
- Five years of related experience preparing or supporting proposals for submission
- Experience in reviewing solicitations (e.g., FOAs, RFPs, RFIs, BAAs)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as this fast-paced position requires extensive interface with all levels of the federal client (NETL) and potential collaborative partners
- Excellent organization and documentation skills; attention to detail; and an ability to troubleshoot, resolve administrative problems and respond to inquiries in an accurate and timely manner
- Master’s degree in science, business, or related field
- Knowledge of project management principles and methodologies
- Experience working in a university, national laboratory, or federal research and development environment
- Financial experience developing budgets for government proposals strongly preferred, including in-depth knowledge of finance ethics and accounting practices
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.