The Government Health and Safety Operation is seeking a Product Lead to support a program for the FDA in Rockville, MD.
The Systems for Inspections, Recalls, Compliance Enforcement (SIRCE) and Imports program supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs’ (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. These systems continue to evolve to meet emerging business needs and to support new mandates and initiatives. It is important to analyze and implement advances in technologies that will improve efficiency and performance leading to greater user satisfaction and reducing the cost of operations and maintenance (O&M). Effort is underway to develop state of the art applications that can be used on various platforms and to retire some of the legacy systems with modern and efficient applications.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Product Lead position include but not limited to the following:
- Work with FDA business owner in understanding the business needs and communicating to a wide range of stakeholders
- Work with other product leads and teams to collaboratively identify dependencies, develop plans and mitigate risks
- Lead analysis, development and presentation of requirements, design approaches and implemented solutions
- Lead team of business analysts, developers, DBAs and testers in a scrum/agile environment and drive software development team in ensuring requirements are implemented correctly and solutions meet customers’ expectations
- Ability to think critically and strategically to identify, evaluate and demonstrate solutions to complex system problems
- Actively lead the discovery/validation/verification process throughout the development life cycle
- Actively engage/lead in process improvement initiatives
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12 years or more of professional experience; or 8 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree. Considered an expert, authority in discipline.
- Proven experience working in large, complex projects and integrated product teams
- Experience leading development (DME) projects in Java technology stack
- Working knowledge with workflow analysis and process modeling
- Demonstrated understanding of full software development life cycle
- Proven experience with EPLC
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with transforming an agile project
- Hands on experience with team leadership and execution
- Proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions
- Demonstrated good understanding of engineering fields
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives
Prior experience of technical lead in federal contract
Experience with JIRA, HP ALM, Powerpoint, VISIO
Experience leading application development teams using Java, Angular technology stack
FDA domain knowledge
Familiar with Agile development methodology
US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance is required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.