Hardware Image Quality Test Engineer
As a User Facing Hardware Engineer practicing photometry for softcopy (monitors) and hardcopy (printers), and workstation performance bench marking, the Test Engineer is responsible for technical report writing using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio. The Hardware Engineer is responsible for identifying, evaluating, and recommending candidate COTS products for sustaining a viable hardware baseline comprised of monitors, graphics cards, workstations, printers, and accessories including 3D stereoscopic display devices, KVM switches, and video signal adapters. The hardware team adheres to NGA standards and Leidos processes throughout the system integration cycle of: vendor coordination, bailment evaluations, trade study analyses, and the integration of any new products that are added to the UFS hardware catalog.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position):
- Understanding of, or willingness to learn how to use a variety of photometric equipment (colorimeter, spectroradiometer, CCD camera) in a darkroom environment for calibrating, measuring, and assessing the image quality of monitors and printers.
- Ability to resolve workstation system issues: troubleshoot software, hardware, and work with vendors to resolve problems discovered during evaluations of their products.
- Create written work products using Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Maintain records of daily activities, vendor cost quotes, BOMs (bill of material), and bailments.
- Plan and perform workstation hardware evaluations in the unclassified lab.
- Ability to install workstation components: monitors, graphics cards, printers, plotters, KVM switches, signal adapters.
- Initiate technical exchanges and maintain on-going relationships with vendors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have experience working with electronic equipment in a laboratory environment.
- Must be an accomplished technical writer.
- Must complete all work assignments.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience.
"Referral Bonus Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.