The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Senior Vulnerability Researcher Analyst with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance for a prime program in Linthicum, MD.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: The Prototype Development Support (PDS II) program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer’s Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, PDS II looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the PDS II program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment.
Looking for an exciting opportunity? We are seeking a motivated individual to work in a dynamic environment providing vulnerability assessments and mitigations on a variety of emerging technologies. The work will leverage your ability to deconstruct and tear-down a variety of hardware and software, focusing on new and emerging devices and technologies. The candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to take initiative in the work.
The Vulnerability Analysts identify vulnerabilities and attacks to the design and operation of a system. They compare and contrast various system attack techniques and develop effective defensive mitigations. Additionally, System Vulnerability Analysts produce formal and informal reports, briefings, and perspectives of actual and potential attacks against the systems or missions being studied.
The optimal candidate is someone with strong problem-solving, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills and who has knowledge or experience in several of the following areas:
o defending against and/or mitigating system vulnerabilities, including at the infrastructure, host and enterprise levels
o intrusion detection and incident response
o network operating systems and network data/traffic analysis
o software reverse engineering
o vulnerability detection and analysis
o packet analysis
o malicious code analysis
Bachelor's Degree and 12-15 years of experience.
- At least 12-15 years of general experience as a systems analyst, including five years of experience in systems analysis, engineering design, and communications applications on complex information systems, database management, the use of programming languages that support the systems, and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods.
- Candidate must be competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications system analysis and programming activities.
- Experience performing open source research & vulnerability analysis
- Experience with reverse engineering
- Experience with disassembly of HW
- Experience using tools to extract & analyze firmware or software
- Experience using commercial off the shelf (COTS), and free open source (FOS) debugging and analyzer tools
- Ability to analyze network and IoT technologies for vulnerabilities
- Experience with network protocol analysis
- Experience developing documentation and reports (analysis reports, test reports, etc.)
- Familiarity with scripting and programming languages