The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance for a program in Laurel, MD.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: The Prototype Development Support (PDS II) program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer’s Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, PDS II looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the PDS II program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide System Engineering/Process Engineering support to Cyber Security Operations On-Net Pursuit mission organization. Work closely with mission operations, developers and analysts to document the as-is process and architecture. Identify areas for improvement and recommend improvement to the architecture and processes. Identity and support the transition activities required to transition appropriate prototypes to sustainment organizations. Identify areas were Pursuit Operations teams (Red, Hunt, Blue) can collaborate and share tools.
Work alongside CSO analysts and translate issues and needs into requirements and assist CSO leads with vetting and assigning requirements to the appropriate teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8-12 years of experience. Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8-12 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, engineering, mathematics, or related discipline.
- At least four (4) years of experience in engineering and program processes (CM, QA, risk management, reporting) software development methodologies, planning, designing, and analyzing processing and storage retrieval systems on a mid- to large-scale
- Experience working the both users and developers to properly capture and translate system use cases to technical requirements
- Experience developing system engineering processes for phases of the software development lifecycle, including transition
- Experience developing and publishing system architecture documents, test plans, test results, transition plans
- Experience investigating and documenting as-is architectures
- Experience with DODAF documentation
- Experience supporting Operations
- Experience with Cyber Security is preferred
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.