The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Program Management Office (PMO) Administrator in our office in Newport News, VA. This individual will be responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support to the ACC ISR Program manager and Program management office. Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the program. Supports multiple leaders through a variety of administrative tasks and responsibilities. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material.
- Establish and maintain records, be familiar with event/meeting coordination, coordinate/monitor internal and external tasks; review/edit incoming and outgoing correspondence for accuracy, content and quality; assist in the review and update of standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provide assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing procedures which are cost effective and contribute to program overall productivity.
- Handle routine tasks with no assistance and with general instructions on new assignments.
- Apply job skills and company policies to complete a wide range of tasks.
- The successful candidate will be expected to complete all tasks within significant time constraints while adhering to customer standards and completing work with the highest level of accuracy.
- Prepare detailed reports for management to assess reporting needs
- Record and document customer and internal meeting minutes
- Serve as backup to the program travel administrator, coordinating and executing logistics of travel, lodging and transportation arrangements for domestic and foreign travel
- Support facility requirements with supply monitoring and purchasing, building access management and other facility needs
- High school graduate with 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Must possess knowledge of administrative and clerical functions, processes, practices and procedures.
- Candidate must be an advanced user in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.
- Candidate must be familiar with intelligence community customers. Must be familiar with the FAR/DFAR.
- Candidate must be detail-oriented and have strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to manage and prioritize diverse tasks, and recognize when priorities change.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, with changing deadlines, and priorities in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Must show initiative, require minimal supervision, and be flexible with changing priorities. Strong interpersonal skills, professional demeanor, and flexibility are required.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication, and problem solving skills.
- Must possess a desire to learn while working and ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff.
- The ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information is essential.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.