Leidos Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, MD (Baltimore) in support of the End-User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization by adding a Sr. Technical and Content Writer to our Communications and Multimedia team. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solutions through a streamlined and seamless development, implementation and communication experience.
The ideal candidate for the Sr. Technical and Content Writer will work to establish, grow and shape this new role comprised of technical writing, strategic and integrated communications planning, content strategy, marketing and storytelling, bringing innovation to the Communications and Multimedia Team, ECIS program, customer and end-user.
This position will play an instrumental role in leading and creating various types of written content including integrated communication and marketing plans, end-user communications, technical specifications, how-to guides, manuals, creative marketing campaigns and end-user engagement for prototype, pilot and full deployment of program initiatives.
The candidate must be able to work well within a team and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, building and responding to both short and long-term projects, deliverables and plans. This position will have direct contact with key customer stakeholder contacts and groups.
This position is part of a multidisciplinary communications and multimedia team including technology writers, graphic designer, documentation and training specialist, business analyst, and Jira administrator. Collaboration with others across the in-house program team is critical including with project managers, IT specialists and engineers, procurement, document and quality control, service desk and web developers. This position includes working with the customer, internal program team members, subject matter experts and other program partners and contractors. A customer service mindset and approach are critical.
Under the direction of the Sr. Communications and Multimedia Manager, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Conceive, write, edit and proofread product and project communications including end-user communications, marketing releases and stories, technical and instructional documents, digital and website content, presentations, other communications related to integrated strategic communication plans;
- Digital, print and physical mediums include but are not limited to: presentations, signage, posters and banners, email broadcasts and announcements, intranet and web materials, newsletters, events, videos, animations, diagrams and dashboards, instructional documents, executive summaries, one pagers, white papers and reports;
- Experience working on initiatives and campaigns within an overall communications strategy;
- A strong understanding of integrated communications across different mediums;
- Ability to conceive, develop and lead an integrated communications campaign from start to finish, including creating and managing the plan for review, scheduling and implementation;
- Effectively communicate with document authors during the writing and editing process and work with technical staff to research and review documentation;
- Ability to guide others through writing assignments and projects, providing direction and feedback towards cohesive team work;
- Consult with relevant information sources, including research, technical documents, and client and project personnel, to obtain background information, and verify pertinent guidelines and regulations governing project deliverables;
- Ensure documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhere to standards for quality, content, format and style including meeting 508 compliance;
- Provide editing and proofreading through all stages of communications;
- Advance communication processes, guidelines and standard procedures including document management, review and approval processes and quality control;
- Providing input and leadership on content strategy, processes and trends to keep work cutting-edge for the customer group and end-user.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in writing, journalism, mass communications or closely related discipline;
- 7+ years of experience creating print and digital deliverables from concept through to production, execution and implementation;
- Proven writing skills, content development and communications strategy experience;
- Ability to capture technical solutions and designs and translate in technical documentation and plain language;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to write to diverse content styles, audiences and mediums including technical to creative to journalistic to marketing and product launches;
- An eye for good design and composition;
- An understanding of brand;
- Ability to research and organize processes in a concise and discernible manner;
- Ability to manage multiple assignments while ensuring technical accuracy and fact checking, adherence to documentation standards, and a timely delivery of all work products;
- Attention to detail, ability to self-manage, check own work and maintain quality;
- Strong collaboration skills;
- Desire to bring innovation and creative thinking to projects to meet new goals and outcomes;
- Ability to work within a team and independently, working methodically to meet deadlines;
- Must be able to work additional hours on occasion;
- Ability to travel locally required and at times regionally or nationally as requested;
- Ability to obtain a public trust clearance.
- Knowledge and experience with various documentation tools including MS Office Suite.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
- Ability to work to 508 compliance;
- Experience with human centered design (HCD) framework;
- Experience working with agile project management including in Jira and Confluence environments;
- Experience in a similar working environment helpful but not required as new thinking, experience and ideas from other industries or work environments is considered a plus.
References will be requested.
Portfolio of work must be presented (print or digital acceptable) as part of the initial application process.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.