The Computer Aided Design(CAD) Specialist will provide support to the FAA’s Computer Aided Engineering Graphics(CAEG) Program at the FAA Head Quarters(HQ) as part of the Leidos NISC III program support. The support shall consist of serving as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on CAD tools and technical expert on AutoCAD solutions. The selected candidate will be required to assist with the execution of the program initiatives, travel to provide Service Area(SA) trainings, and coordinate between HQ, SAs and their contractors and vendors. The candidate shall be the primary resource for all technical concerns related to AutoCAD and its interaction with FAA’s Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) ProjectWise. The selected candidate must have professional experience training individuals in using Auto CAD.
Basic Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Civil Engineering with 10+ years of relevant work experience or 20 years of relevant work experience in lieu of degree.
- Expert knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit,
- Expert knowledge of National CAD Standard(NCS)
- Experience reviewing project drawings for compliance with CAD standards
- Experience with EDMS solutions like Bentley ProjectWise and Autodesk’s Vault
- Experience developing CAD standards for an Architectural firm or a Federal Agency
- Experience providing AutoCAD and Revit training to users
- Experience developing CAD and BIM library templates
- Experience providing technical support related to CAD and BIM workflows
- Experience providing technical support resolving plotting, file conversion and software version issues
- Experience working with or developing CAD scripts and automated workflows
- Master’s degree in Architecture or Civil Engineering with 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience supporting FAA
- AutoCAD Trainer certification from Autodesk
- Experience with ProjectWise administration
- Experience with Bentley MicroStation
- Experience with KSN/Sharepoint
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Civil Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.