Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
We are seeking qualified candidates for Systems Administrator to support our government customer in Springfield, VA. The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related ITEMS UFS infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling mission success. We seek to build a team of system administrators who can perform multiple functions. We understand that people have specialties, but seek people open to cross training and willing to apply their skills in multiple areas.
The Systems Administrator serves as a key subject matter expert uniquely qualified to establish consistent policies and procedures as they apply across the enterprise. The following are included in the duties performed:
- Maintains the Active Directory environment on all of the Client’s networks which includes management of Domain Controllers, domain authentication services, roles-based policy and delegation of Active Directory resources, Organizational Units (OU), Group Policy Objects (GPO),WINS and DNS configuration, enterprise DHCP services, active directory architecture, and the Exchange enterprise environment
- In addition, will serve as Tier III administrator for problems and discrepancies that impact the enterprise computing environment
- Acts as a Government Client representative for computer incident response as required
- Assign privileges, maintain system security, troubleshoot systems and software problems
- Establish and update procedures and documentation
- Perform daily system monitoring and maintenance
- Data backup and restoration and data processing utilities
- Shell scripting, batch processing and perform security log audits
- Investigate, analyze, correct and test software related issues on all Domain Controllers
- Assist server teams in hardware/software integration
- Investigate vendor vulnerability updates and patches and create/modify scripting to assure system configuration compatibility
- Monitor system daily for proper operation
- Perform routine system preventative and restorative maintenance for Domain Controllers
- Maintain appropriate level of technical competency to recommend appropriate system upgrades
- Maintains Windows Systems for a high visibility national system comprised of Domain Controllers on several networks at local and remote locations
- Responsible for resolving a wide variety of complex system failures, troubleshooting software, hardware, and network problems, and monitoring and addressing Incident and Change Request tickets as required
- Provide on-call support as required to ensure availability of mission critical services such as authentication, Windows DNS, DHCP, and access to network resources
- Configure Windows OS on Domain Controllers to allow operation on various types of networks Configure and maintain Active Directory, DNS, and other services on Domain Controllers. Configure hardware and software for servers, RAIDs, and storage arrays on Domain Controllers
- Provide O&M functions such as hard drive removal, performance optimization, and research and installation of current patches on Domain Controllers
- Manage distributed file system and group shares
- Conduct system backups and restores on Domain Controllers
- Provide impact assessment for system-level changes on existing infrastructure
- Participate in technical exchanges
- Ensure compliance with computer security policy
- Monitor system usage and perform system tuning
- Manage tools and equipment
- Assist users with system problems
- Schedule and conduct preventative maintenance on Windows systems
- Ensure proper labeling of system components
- Develop, maintain, and report meaningful metrics
- Requires Bachelors Degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent relevant experience in lieu of degree
- TS/SCI level security clearance REQUIRED
- Must be willing and able to work flexible shifts as required
- Able to communicate by phone and in person with customers and appropriate organizations
- 8570 Certification-Security +
- Experience with Active Directory 2012 R2 /2016 a must
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016 is required
- Knowledge of IT concepts such as TCP/IP, IT security concepts and practices; interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Modifies and/or adapts techniques and standard approaches to solve moderately difficult problems and must be highly self-motivated
- Strong written communication skills a plus
- Windows DNS
- Process documentation
- Prior support of government client programs and facilities preferred
“External Referral Bonus"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.