Leidos is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer in Clarksburg, WV. In support of a DoJ program, the engineer will develop, maintain and enhance complex and diverse software systems. The engineer will support research, engineering, and development of innovative solutions to support operational cyber missions. Work will consist of a wide range of projects to include: app/web design and development, securing devices including communications, integration and interface development of various security products, integration and interface development of various analytic products, implementation of automated behavioral analysis tools to monitor network traffic, integration of mobile capabilities, modernization of web-based user interfaces.
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives set forth in an Agile Release Train and various customers.
- Perform software analysis, design, development and test of specific requirements related to Windows, Linux and mobile operating systems.
- Determine system and software specifications and architecture to meet customer requirements.
- Works across a highly cross functional Agile software development team supporting CI/CD
- US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
The Candidate shall have BS degree and 12 - 15 years of experience in the following areas:
- Requirements analysis; software design, development, integration, and testing; operations and maintenance; bug fixing; and configuration management.
- Test case development.
- Java and scripting languages such as Python.
- Debugging, troubleshooting, and performance tuning.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to include preparing and delivering presentations and artifacts to customer management.
- Developing microservice architectures for web and application services using virtual instances, load balancing, automated surge capability, and integrated performance monitoring.
- Developing applications using traditional SQL based database management systems
- Developing applications using nosql data management systems and full text searching.
- Implementing security controls required by Federal information systems
- Automating application deployments, scaling and management.
- Development on a on-premise or off-premise cloud.
- Supporting development using Agile Scrum methodologies.
- AWS Cloud Experience
- Continuous Integration Continuous Development
- Kubernates and/or containerization
- Biometric Integration
- Atlassian Tools
- Linux (CentOS and RedHat)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.