Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
This senior level Digital Forensics/Security Systems Engineer will contribute to protecting the organizations information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification and destruction. They will produce final digital reports and required technical reports, while supporting CIO-T and agency wide technical forensic requirements. The individual will require training on the latest forensic tools/resources and follow the current Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Duties will include managing and enforcement of security strategies and policies within established guidelines.
- Areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to, IT Security Strategy, Cyber Security and Compliance and Risk Management.
- Resolves highly complex complications using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
- Develops solutions that are highly innovative and attained through research and integration of best practices.
- Recommends and develops new technical solutions, products and/or standards in support of tactics and operations.
- Perform digital media acquisition and digital forensic assessment of various platforms to include Windows, Linux, and Mac OS based systems using a variety of digital forensic tools.
- Inspect suspected instances of computer, mobile device, and network infiltration.
- Ingest media into an archive, copy media images, and employ advanced media forensics tools during the course of a forensic examination (Access Data Enterprise and Forensic Toolkit are two of the many tools used for media forensics).
- Inspect network/computer irregularities, prepare written reports and briefings when required. Provide weekly status updates when conducting forensics.
- Provide written documentation at the conclusion of each forensics consideration.
- Reports will include, at a minimum, instance file number, computer name, user name, background, investigation details and status/disposition. A template and standard operating procedures will be made available and additional guidance provided.
- Leads and manages works of other technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs.
- Requires ability to communicate with executive leadership (internal/external) regarding matters of importance to the organization and/or project.
- Possess knowledge, background and experience with computer/network forensics acquisitions and assessments within the Department of Defense and/or IC.
- Attend periodic forensic awareness training.
- Collaborate with internal and external entities to share and gather technical information to enhance forensic inspections.
- Participate as needed in IC, Department of Defense (DoD), Law Enforcement (LE) and agency computer/network forensic technical exchange and collaboration meetings.
- Effectively utilize all applications and common analytic software tools (i.e., MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 12-15 years of prior relevant experience; or Master’s degree with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience in forensic investigation and/or incident response.
- Serve as a subject matter expert within technical domain area
- Possess or obtain certification to comply with DoD 8570, level III (CASP CE, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GICSP, GCIH)
- TS/SCI is required for consideration
- Requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent.
- Demonstrate experience with the latest forensic technologies such as Access Data Enterprise and Forensic Toolkit (FTK).
- Possess or gain a digital forensic examiner certification. Qualifying certification sources include government, military, and industry.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.