Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
We are seeking qualified candidates for an Audio Visual Design Engineer to support a government customer in their state of the art facility in Springfield, VA. This position will be responsible for new system designs and implementation of audio visual and data system communication networks based off of customer requirements. Will work with audio visual operation technicians and engineering resources to ensure proper configuration and delivery of functional systems. Will additionally assist in troubleshooting audio visual systems and endpoints supporting daily operations. Quickly respond to customer issues regarding AV hardware and programming related issues to resolve on the spot mission impacting problems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide New System Designs, operate and maintain the following ; audio/video equipment to include Cisco Codecs and desktop VTC, Christi Spyder video processors, Barco servers and cubes, Epson projectors, Clearone audio mixers, AMX touch panels and controllers, Bright Sign Media Players, AppSpace application, Extron and Crestron systems, RMS servers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Visio and or CAD for system designs
- Provides software and system troubleshooting and support
- Must possess strong work ethic; good customer service skills and strong attention to detail
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Provides technical support and training to end-users
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology and documents as needed
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Must be willing and enthusiastic to learn and adapt to new and cutting edge technologies
- Must be willing to work with clients to help identify and design based of their requirements
- Must be able to prioritize time and efforts appropriately in busy work environment
- Must be team player and willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure team's success
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with Managers and Administrative staff in support of business objectives
- Performs additional related duties as requested.
- Position-Specific Demands: Mental; Visual and/or Physical.
- Must be able to lift and move audio/camera equipment up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to walk distances quickly and comfortably to support large geographically dispersed customer base across large office building
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of Audio/Visual systems supporting major conference centers.
- Maintains the integrity and availability of systems
- TS/SCI level security clearance
- BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Setup microphones/speakers and maintenance
- AV equipment maintenance (as listed above)
- Customer Service Skills
- AV control systems and programming
- End User IT Support Experience
- Knowledge in VTC systems and support (as listed above)
- Audio Visual experience i.e. AMX; Extron; Christie Digital Video Teleconference experience, Technical written & verbal communication skills (technical writing)
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.