Leidos is looking for a Sr. Telecommunications Engineer to join our team in our Anchorage, Alaska office. This ideal candidate will provide support for the FAA Communications Engineering Program, supporting the Alaska Satellite Telecommunications efforts across the state of Alaska.
The successful candidate will plan and coordinate closely with the customer and team to accomplish the following in support of the FAA Alaska Satellite Telecommunications Infrastructure project (ASTI):
- set project priorities,
- develop engineering and project plans,
- develop schedules.
They will track all phases of multiple projects of varying complexity, including:
- Perform planning and engineering in support of telecommunication systems and telecommunication projects
- Design, modify or upgrade networks
- Estimate, monitor, and reviews costs, operational budgets and schedules, and personnel requirements.
- Develop drawings and specifications for utility telecommunication system projects
- Create bills of materials for telecommunication equipment; obtain quotes and identify all materials
- Coordinate with other internal engineering departments, external contractors and construction crews
- Analyzes effects of projects upon various areas such as Engineering, Facilities, and the labor pool to determine the most practical and cost-efficient methods to obtain the required resources.
- Travel to project sites to collect information on existing conditions
Qualifications Bachelor's degree in related field and 4+ years of relevant experience in Communication Systems, Electronics Troubleshooting, Electronic Testing Design and Project Management. Familiar with Alaskan / Remote work environments.
Experience with FAA electronic communications system is highly desired. Drafting and schematics drawing a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.