The NISC III program at Leidos is seeking a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in support of the FAA Air Traffic Office (AJI) customers.
The SME will be asked to assist in the planning, creation, assessment, and quality review of and to provide analytical feedback on all types of technical training products, courseware, materials and programs for FAA/AJI customers, employees, or field support personnel.
Technical training may include interactive multimedia, asynchronous and synchronous training, and various evaluation methodologies.
Specific responsibilities for the position include:
- Obtain information from the customer and technical organizations, engineering, software and product requirements to prepare training programs; creates and reviews lesson plans, course content, training materials and training aids for technical accuracy.
- Assist in the design and review for technical accuracy of product demonstrations.
- Ensure technical accuracy of AJI training products, compliance with new training requirements.
- Maintain currency of technical information.
Note: This is a Virtual / Work from home position.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Normally requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional years of related work experience can be substituted for a degree at the hiring manager's discretion.
- 10-15 years of FAA Air Traffic Control (ATC) En Route experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of ERAM systems and SGET.
- Experience as an ATC instructor and as OJTI facilitator.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.