On contract award, Leidos will have openings for 1 Telephone Technician III (Strategic DSN Switch) in Qatar. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the AFCENT Communications Technical Support Service IV mission. In this mission we ensure communications information is available to forward deployed forces supporting Operation Resolute Support and Inherent Resolve in South West Asia (SWA) and the continuing mission requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD).
The contractor shall support continuous operations of commercial/telephone switches 24 hours per day / 7 days per week/365 days per year (24x7x365) (around-the-clock). . Duties include, but are not limited to:
a. Publishing and keeping current a site telephone directory
b. Managing and distributing to all customers by e-mail a quick reference guide on telephone operations and features
c. Directory assistance
d. Call direction and call transfer between DSN and local phone lines
e. Support callers from other locations in SWA and shall act as centralized operators to assist other bases with directory assistance. The candidate will be responsible for contacting independent sites to obtain updated phone directories as necessary.
- Must have switch certification on Nortel SL-100 or Meridian I/Succession 1000 family of switches and/or completed Avaya Professional Credential Program (Degree of certification will be identified in individual task order).
- Must meet the certification requirement of DoD 8570.01-M, SPIN-C, or individual task order.
- Intermediate “hands on” work experience in support of installations, repair, and troubleshooting or maintenance of telecommunications systems or equipment.
- Must have the technical knowledge to solve complex problems, understand the interrelationships of circuits, and be able to exercise independent judgment in performing tasks in support of communications systems or equipment
- Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Intermediate experience in maintenance/troubleshooting telecommunications equipment as specified in the specified task order to include the following: Nortel SL-100, Meridian I/Succession 1000 Family of Switches, AVAYA AURA AS-5300 and associated Voice Over Internet Protocol Equipment, End office telephone switches
- Must have experience working with switches of interface Inter-Switch Trunks (ISTs) from DoD and commercial microwave/satellite systems and other equipment needed to extend voice transmissions across fiber or copper mediums.
Candidate must have a valid U.S. Passport that will not expire with 7 months from hire date.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.