Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Network SupportEngineer (NE). This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, EUCOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS.
As Network Support Engineer you will be responsible for planning, designing, and evaluating various components of the EUCOM’s networks, NIPR and SIPR. Duties will include providing specifications for network architecture, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current capabilities, working with BlueCoat and Netscaler and performing needs assessments. Support level duties will include monitoring, installation, modification, testing and servicing of network equipment. Overall duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Engineering, planning, installing, troubleshooting and executing changes to highly available network infrastructure with minimal impact to 24x7 operations.
- Analyzing network protocols, routing standards and procedures, traffic patterns and data flow, and providing equipment implementation and upgrade recommendations.
- Demonstrating extensive experience and technical knowledge both Enterprise and Data Center network.
- Performing hands-on technical work and providing technical expertise and leadership for enterprise network infrastructure at customer site.
- Working in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Demonstrating experience in interfacing with both internal and external executive leadership.
- Communicating clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Demonstrating strong interpersonal skills due to continual interaction with managers, clients, and users with varying technical backgrounds in a fast-paced work environment.
- Working with a team of network engineers, system administrators and voice engineers in support of a geographically dispersed regional network.
- Providing project support services for infrastructure, ADP systems, and Network/Server Support Facility enhancement.
- Ensuring the maintenance of all networks, consisting of primarily Cisco routers and switches, with support for other vendors (e.g. KLAS, DTech, etc.) products.
- Maintaining all layer 3 routing and layer 2 switching and The SRNE will be involved with the design of complex routing and switching schemes to support Control Cryptographic HAIPE devices.
- Performing site surveys, configuration and engineering, installation planning and documentation services for the customer as they relate to network services.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Must hold and maintain an active Secret
- CCNP Routing and Switching Certification
- DOD 8570 IAT III compliance
- Must be willing/able to work OCONUS for minimum of one year
- BA/BS + 5 years of experience supporting complex networks and network Infrastructure
- 3 + years of experience supporting geographically dispersed networks in a NOC type setting.
- 5 or more years’ experience in management of projects/tasks similar in scope and requirements to current program
- Experience with BlueCoat Proxy and/or Netscaler technologies.
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand network evaluation criteria and be exact in assessments
- Must be able to effectively interact with staff from other sections on complex client/server problems
- The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the following components: Cisco Unified Call Manager, Cisco Adaptive Security Appliances, IPSEC VPNs (including those utilizing Next-Generation Encryption), ViaSat and General Dynamics HAIPE Inline Network Encryptors, Multicast distribution and delivery, Layer 2 and 3 QoS mechanisms, Riverbed Steelhead Appliances, F5 and BlueCoat Proxy Appliances.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- CCIE (Routing and Switching) Certification
- CISSP Certification (or equivalent IAT Level III certification)
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
- Experience supporting EUCOM
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.