Leidos Defense Group is currently seeking an experienced Cyber Security Analyst. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, US EUCOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS. To be successful in this role, you must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner. You will be required to work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts. You must be experienced in interfacing with both client managers and system users. An active DOD Top Secret/SCI clearance is required to qualify.
In this role you will:
- Provide technical expertise to support the Combatant Command (CCMD) cybersecurity program and its functions IAW current architectures which includes all hardware and software tools and sensors from perimeter to endpoint.
- Provide Information Security Controls and guidelines to nodes and network management systems.
- Maintain network/system access and password controls.
- Collate and analyze audit trail data.
- Review security threats and determines/implements effective countermeasures IAW established policies/regulations/directives.
- Analyze network or system changes/reconfigurations for security impacts (performs risk analysis/assessment).
- Test and evaluate software security patches and security related configuration changes for compatibility with the current baseline and resolve any conflicts prior to deployment.
- Monitor implemented security controls and report status.
- Perform periodic and on-demand scans for vulnerabilities and unauthorized software on all CCMD assets using provided tools and provide results for review.
- Maintain scanning results and develop vulnerability trend results. Compile information and support required cyber evaluations, inspections, assessments, and reporting tasks.
- Perform incident response actions including, but not limited to, system isolation, data gathering, evidence handling, and reporting.
- Develop recommendations for counter measures or process improvement based on lessons learned from security incidents.
- Audit logs and provide reports as required.
- Operate tools and systems that are required to support the Command's cybersecurity program.
- Support to Blue Coat, Splunk, CyberArk, and BitLocker. Conduct Enterprise Logging.
- Report potential cybersecurity incidents, perform incident actions, and report status. Support HBSS services. Provide STIG Assessment. Support ACAS Scanning.
- Support command security assessments.
- Assist in the enhancement of EUCOM's Cyber Threat Capability.
- Provide focused operations/threat analysis on known intrusion sets. Discovering, tracking, reporting, and fusing global network events of interest. Apply subject matter expertise in adversarial methodologies in the cyber domain, and participate in OPTs.
- Develop and deliver specific deliverables associated with this support that are identified by the Government to include but not limited to Weekly Reports, Cyber Tippers, Briefings, Network Analytical Reports, ad hoc, and SPOT reports.
- Additionally, the Cyber Security Analyst will provide remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
- Must hold a current DOD Top Secret/SCI Clearance and be able to maintain
- BA/BS + 4 years, or AA/AS +6 years,or a major cert +7 years recent specialized or years of recent specialized experience
- DOD 8570 IAM II compliance
- CEH, CRISC, GSEC, CASP
- Working knowledge of supporting Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008-2016 and Windows 10, VMWare vSphere, Solaris 10-11, Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in network access control, intrusion prevention and detection systems, firewalls, routers, incident response, information security methods, and risk management
- In-depth experience with DoD IT security requirements
- TESA eligibility
- ITIL v3 – Foundation
- Experience with Bluecoat, McAfee HBSS, Splunk, CyberArk and Bitlocker, ACAS
- Automation using Microsoft PowerShell, VBScript, or batch files
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.