Leidos is seeking a Deputy Program Manager (DPM) for our Ameren Illinois Residential Energy Efficiency Program located in Peoria, Illinois. As the DPM, you will work with the Program Manager to plan, execute, and close projects ensuring that contracts are delivered as contracted, within schedule and within budget. Provides day-to-day operational oversight, as well as strategic guidance to program and subcontracting staff. May manage subcontractors in addition to the full-time workforce. Responsible for status reports, program reviews, and other routine communications related to program performance. Collaborates with functional staff to address corporate initiatives and requirements. Working closely with the PM, responsible for ensuring delivery of all contract products and services with the goals of growing their project portfolio with the existing customer bases.
• Manage projects during all phases of execution
• Lead/manage client relationship
• Develop and present to the team the necessary comprehensive project management plans for establishing technical guidelines
• Develop and provide ongoing project report statuses: using variance as a comparison from project baselines
• Follow defined processes for reporting project performance to ensure quality standards are met
• Interact with customers, contractor network, and subcontractors
• Manage subcontractor in-office and remote field staff and technical team resources
• Develop QA/QC plan to ensure accurate program results and good evaluation results
• Coordinate with program evaluators to gain a full understanding of evaluation plans and communicate program procedures to staff
• Manage the utility relationship and serve as an advocate for our client
• Providing oversight of all assigned project activity in the execution phase
• Provide clear and direct communication to Lead Program Manager on a regular basis
• Provide clear and direct communication to customers as required
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of relevant experience, implementing energy efficiency programs, or a Master’s Degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
• Experience leading a distributed and diverse team of professionals
• Ability to work well either as a team or as an individual
• The ability and flexibility to adjust to changing schedules driven by operational requirements
• Building Performance Institute (BPI) Certification is preferred
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Willingness to travel up to 30-35% (may include occasional overnight travel)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.