We are looking for entrepreneurs whose first answer is “Yes”! Apply your technical and business leadership, innovation and imagination to grow your career at Leidos.
The D3P project leadership needs an additional Deputy Program Technical Manager who can assist with growth, program management, team leading, and functional management of the D3P technical staff to achieve task and performance goals (task assignments, schedule/resources, performance tracking, outcomes/deliverables, metrics, and dependencies management). The successful candidate will provide technical guidance and management in one or more of the following areas: i) agile SW development team (about a dozen highly skilled members); ii) Release Management (testing, data source alignment/verification, and post Release production system quantitative and user-engagement monitoring); new platform design, build, and stand-up/operations; or other priority technical/task areas that will vary and evolve based on the overall program status and direction. The DPTM will assist with management updates/reports/EVMS tracking at meetings with the customer. These tasks will take place in the National Capital Region, primarily in Bethesda, MD, but also Arlington and Reston, VA.
Fun roles you will see yourself in on this job
- Will organize, in coordination with the Leidos Team members, the program technical tasks to accomplish the assigned requirements, goals, and deliverables.
- Align the D3P team to accomplished the overall assigned goals and deliverables.
- Manage the program with an emphasis on task management/tracking, deliverables, periodic project reporting/status updates, and equipment/materiel provisioning.
- Works to convince others to accept technical view/current practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices and technical approaches to best balance, cost, schedule, and outcomes congruent with overall program goals.
- Resolves highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, program management experience, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
- Develops solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through applied research and integration of best practices
- Interact with technical team members for code, workflow, and content development of deliverables, briefings, and status reports.
- Has daily interactions with other Leidos team and subcontractor team members related to meeting project and technical task goals
- Organizes information from multiple sources and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers. Prepare, review, revise and maintain assigned technical documents, usually developed as a team effort.
- Ensure documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhering to compliance standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style.
- Other technical and programmatic duties as required.
To be successful in this role you must have the following:
- Experience in a technical field (preferably systems engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, or data science) with a BS and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or a MS with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience in developing and managing technical requirements specifications, technical team formation and alignment, process-workflows, and milestone reporting with interim and final deliverables/outcomes.
- Experience in writing contract deliverables per Data Item Descriptions
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills with ability to brief various audiences on the status of tasks/projects, as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills to negotiate and work with technical staff
- High level of proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- Must be a team player, value collaboration and coordination, and be a good task manager.
- Willingness to learn EVMS and other Leidos-based management systems to support program execution.
- Must have TS and be able to obtain a TS/SCI CI Polygraph Security Clearance.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Domain knowledge (project management, general IT support systems, software development practices, or general data management) and understanding of general project decision-making (agile development methods, task-oriented activities) will have benefit for the overall project implementation and execution.
- Influences development of solutions that affect strategic project/program goals and business results.
- Recommends and develops new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of functions, Release goals, strategy, and operations.
- Leads and manages works of other technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs
- Supports program growth.
More about the Program:
The National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC) mission is to ensure prompt and responsive DOMEX (Document Exploitation) support to meet the needs of intelligence, defense, homeland security, law enforcement, and other U.S. Government consumers. As an agile, earned-value management program, we need to ensure the provision of timely and accurate gathering, processing, exploitation of DOMEX information collected (i.e., data) and the dissemination of DOMEX intelligence information and products, while protecting intelligence sources and methods. A major project goal is to design, develop, deliver, and operate one or more DOMEX DATA Discovery Platform (including metadata and content) discoverable, retrievable by DOMEX worldwide consumers, and sharable with other systems, platforms, and applications. The customer intends to expand the scale and scope of the program to worldwide capabilities over the next 5 years.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.