Leidos is seeking a Project Manager in Martinsburg, WV to support the Data Center Information Management (DCIM) Project. The Project Manager shall support the documentation and monitoring of VA computer spaces in multiple phased, concurrent, and rolling projects directly supporting each managed location.
- Create project plans and lead projects
- Apply industry best practice project management techniques to support data center documentation activities.
- Follow guidance from DCIM project planning documents.
- Provide feedback for project plans to increase efficacy in follow-on documentation activities.
- Coordinate communications with onsite points of contact regarding all DCIM activities and conduct technical and non-technical project coordination meetings with stakeholders.
- Estimate level of effort for both DCIM personnel and support contractors to successfully complete datacenter survey.
- Travel to remote regional CONUS locations (up to 50%) to complete datacenter surveys
- Conduct and/or validate inventory documentation on all VA IT equipment hardware (servers, virtual hosts, storage devices, switches, firewalls, etc.) within datacenters using a combination of logical and physical tools and methods.
- Document the physical configuration of the data center and all equipment, hardware, furniture, and similar within the space.
- Coordinate activities of support contractors and ensure complete gathering of relevant onsite data is completed.
- Translate physical site documentation into logical drawings, spreadsheets, and other electronic formats for inclusion into DCIM product.
- Provide technical representation of supporting contract task orders necessary to support documentation project activities.
- Lead projects, create project plans, and maintain project documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific/technical discipline, plus 15 years’ of relevant experience. 10 years relevant experience may be substituted for degree. (25 years total experience needed without degree).
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- US Citizenship is required based on contract requirements.
- Clear concise and objective technical communication skills
- Must have effective interpersonal communication skills with ability to build good relationships with others
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of implied tasks and interdependencies
- Integration of complex data into consistent, organized data sets using standard office software (Microsoft Office)
- Datacenter management and/or operations experience
- Network management and/or hardware experience
- Server management and/or hardware experience
- Datacenter electrical and/or cooling experience
- Microsoft Visio – room layout drawings
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) v3
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.