Leidos currently has an opening for a Sr. Technologist to work with the US Army Natick Research, Development and Engineering Center in Natick, MA. The candidate will provide support to engineers on technical projects and be integrated into a highly dynamic team supporting the Aerial Delivery Directorate. The candidate responsibilities will include; collecting, maintaining, organizing, compiling, and manipulating technical data.
- Collecting, maintaining, organizing, compiling, and manipulating technical data.
- Participate in product quality discrepancy report investigations
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems and corrective action development related to fielded helicopter sling load equipment, and personnel and cargo parachute systems.
- Provide technical reviews of drawing packages, specifications, and technical/field manuals.
- Participate in parachute and airdrop design reviews.
- Provide technical expertise to support engineering assessment with responsibilities to include engineering assessments of aerial delivery items, inspection of first article test samples, testing of airdrop hardware, and developing airdrop and helicopter sling load rigging procedures.
2 years minimum related experience.
Excellent communication and problem solving skills
Strong attention to detail
Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple actions at any given time
Excellent analytical and technical skills
Excellent technical writing skills
Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team
Min. HS Diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred
Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Aviation experience, a plus.
Knowledge of Aerial Delivery Systems/Airdrop Programs is plus.
External referral eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Technologist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.