Leidos Veteran Health is seeking a Project Scheduler to support the VA’s Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM).
The Project Scheduler will support a large project within a program and will be responsible for all aspects of creating a maintaining an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) for a complex software and systems implementation project. The Scheduler must have high-level MS Project skills and analytical. They will be required to facilitate meetings and work one-on-one to ascertain project activities, resources, requirements, predecessors, successors, impacts, milestones, etc. They will construct and maintain the schedule in Microsoft Project Server daily, distribute weekly, run reports and various views. She/he will collaborate with the sister Leidos program, DHMSM, based out of Vienna, VA and work hand in hand with other Leidos schedulers, engineering leads, and Government stakeholders. They will brief the performance and risks to senior government official and Leidos managers on a weekly and monthly basis.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, and with input from the cross-functional team, generate, publish and maintain an accurate a Master Schedule, using MS Project Server, showing the tasks and resources required to deliver on-time, per customer requirements and milestones.
- Must be able to work on site in Vienna, VA and collaborate with sister program, DHMSM
- Ensure VA’s schedule requirements are integrated into the DHMSM release management plan since the DOD program owns the COTS baseline and domains.
- Work closely with PMO, development, operations and other project teams to develop detailed schedules, keep these schedules current and seamlessly integrated into the Master Schedule.
- Provide hands-on development of layered schedules detailing how a specific project is progressing including how the project contributes to overarching program requirements and objectives.
- Develop and maintain linkages, dependencies and inter-dependencies with related projects.
- Identify major milestones, decision points, project life-cycle and other project events.
- Manage the resource loading and leveling and support program financial reporting and revenue recognition
- Identify critical path, critical tasks, resource constraints and task dependencies.
- Set and maintain the baseline schedule and track all changes to the baselined schedule.
- Perform ‘what if’ scenarios within the schedule.
- Develop schedule version control processes, policies, and procedures and ensure they are followed during the development and maintenance of schedules and adheres to the DHMSM project control and Leidos standard
- Perform schedule estimating through elicitation of team members and other stakeholders to capture estimations of new work, updated actuals and remaining work.
- Champion and support continuous Risk Mitigation and Issue Management through schedule analysis.
- Generate schedule reports based on planned vs actual work.
- Develop and maintain Stop Light (red, yellow, green) report on tasks in progress (WIP).
- Bachelor's degree in a related field with 12-15 years of relevant experience or Master's Degree with at least 10-13 years of relevant experience managing schedules on complex federal technology projects.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to work with the functional areas to identify and maintain all schedule tasks and dependencies.
- Ensure work products are delivered on schedule with the utmost care
- Develop resource loaded and level project schedules using the performance work statement (PWS), technical proposal, WBS, and oral directions from senior project managers and technical leads.
- Ensure internal and external dependencies are documented and tracked for risk management.
- Experience support healthcare information technology projects.
- Experience supporting information technology projects for Veterans Affairs agency or DOD ACAT1 programs
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) Certification or AACE PSP
- Current/Active VA background investigation/VA Access is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.