The Defense Group of Leidos is seeking an experienced Model-Based System Engineer to work at U.S. Strategic Command’s (USSTRATCOM) Nuclear Command, Control, Communications Enterprise Center (NEC) located in Omaha, NE. The selected candidate will provide systems analysis and requirements analysis functions including functional analysis and allocation as well as requirements identification, decomposition, traceability, and verification and validation activities. Focus on the integration of new communications systems/capabilities into legacy NC3 systems. An active Top Secret/SCI clearance is required for this program.
- Provides system engineering support regarding communication and information systems associated with the NEC’s Presidential / Leader communications, Nuclear C3 and continuity communication system requirements, systems architecture analysis and design, system integration, testing, system implementation and system development life cycle, system documentation and projects management.
- Employ System Modeling language to graphically display system functions and requirements in system models. Support acquisition, and engineering documentation, requirements analysis, requirements generation, and system design. Work closely with customer to describe systems functional requirements, required behaviors, and interfaces.
- Support design and modeling elements with SysML and MagicDraw software.
- Perform a range of design development, analysis or review tasks. Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications
- Direct interface and liaison with customers at all levels from development to final design and test activities, design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications
- Conduct site visits, support design reviews, attend system MBSE IPTs, analyze engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
- Active Top Secret /SCI security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related scientific field and at least 10 years of job-related experience. Experience with MagicDraw, SysML, DoD and/or INCOSE Systems Engineering processes.
- Working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs.
- Experience with MS Office 2013 (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communications and analytical skills.
- Detailed knowledge of SPARX Systems Enterprise Architect.
- Experience briefing Senior Leaders
- Basic NLCC Knowledge
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.