Leidos is dedicated to making the world a safer place. This starts with helping our customers in the Defense Industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores; our dedicated Defense Group employees are solving critical challenges across the globe.
We currently have an opening for an Information Technologist to work for our Bridgewater, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Leidos mission. In this mission, we provide aerial intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance platforms for today’s warfighter.
The Information Technologist will ensure efficient and smooth operation of IT systems in support of multiple deployed platforms in support of aerial surveillance platforms. The Information Technologist will be responsible for designing, configuring, and maintaining the information system.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Experience as the initial point of contact for troubleshooting network applications and hardware and software PC and printer problems.
- Communicate effectively with internal team members, external customers and other government entities to communicate preventative measures, status, updates on risks and schedules.
- Create documentation on new or existing technologies, how to implement updates and/or enclave expansions in order to improve user experience and network performance.
- Create and/or update multi-vendor firewall and switch configurations for new devices or network expansions.
- Research, recommend, and evaluate network performance, optimization, and security solutions.
- Stage devices (phones and computers) in preparation for deploying them to the users. Staging will include: Install OS, Rename computer, Join Domain, Install software as needed.
- Ability to navigate through Active Directory in order to troubleshoot user and computer issues.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two (2) years of system administration of a Microsoft domain or VMware environment; additional years of experience may be consider in lieu of a degree.
- Be 8570 Compliant within 60 days of hire date.
- Ability to identify issues and research fixes.
- Knowledge and experience of DISA STIGs, Domains, Active Directory, DNS, GPOs, DHCP.
- Be able to obtain a passport and visa to travel internationally based on rotational schedule.
- Able to work long, irregular hours in hardship and hazardous locations when OCONUS.
- Must be able to successfully accomplish the CONUS Replacement Center course which requires successful deployment physical, immunizations, and training.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have active Secret clearance with the ability to maintain.
- Certifications: Comptia, Cisco , Microsoft or VMware Certified Professional for vSphere
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 100% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:12 Hour Shift Pattern
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.