Duties include but not limited to:
• Supporting and managing an evolving IT infrastructure, computer operations of the production and staging systems.
• Advising, investigating and evaluating the selection of solutions used by our customer.
• Provide ongoing maintenance and evolution of operational systems and applications.
• Propose solutions to customers evolving security issue.
• Work with senior team members across Development, QA, Engineering and Service managers to define product requirements related to security compliance. Requirements definition of back porting/retrofitting and modification of Base Level Support Application (BLSA) specific interfaces, reports, installation programs and utility programs as they relate to security configuration issues and noncompliance issues.
• Creating, Managing and delivering applicable Risk Management Framework (RMF) packages that are detailed to the BLSA application to obtain/maintain active accreditation and authority to connect authorizations for each branch of service supported with BLSA.
• Executing automated and manual Security Test Scripts as necessary
• Manage/utilize automated scanning tools for Database security, Application security, and Network security and penetration vulnerabilities.
• Continuous Information Assurance testing as necessary to comply with Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) version releases. Application Detective, Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), HP Fortify Web Inspect Vulnerability Scanners, Penetration testing and correct document and prepare deployment of corrective methodologies
• Manage/create all deployed operating system images per DISA/DoD security compliance measurements.
• Develop monthly update packages to be deployed and implemented at standalone facilities to maintain the necessary security posture and IA compliance with DoD Directives and Instructions related to IT systems
• Manage/Conduct ongoing testing to verify correct systems operation with Operating System patches, service packs, IAVM/IAVA notifications, DISA/NSA/NIST Security Cert notifications and version releases. Required monthly report covering this process
• Provide the necessary controls and data gathering capability to assemble, verify and validate requirements for various ongoing BLSA development efforts.
• Serve as an advocate for Security best practices.
• Provide technical guidance for quality systems, customer support, Field Technician proficiency assessment, and problem solving facilitation
• Deploy to field locations randomly to perform Quality Surveillance Management operation evaluations and reporting.
• Resolve all quality problems with product configuration and deployment departments
• Implement quality initiatives to reduce/eliminate non-standard implementation
• Provide input to support technician qualification to ensure quality product implementation
• Continuously update and maintain Quality standards to improve process and product quality
• Maintain compliance with all quality requirements for all approved processes and certifications
• Manage/Perform internal task order quality assurance inspection both random and scheduled.
• Manage, coordinate and/or lead related quality initiatives, activities and programs including implementation strategies and systems integration and alignment.
• Periodic Information Assurance testing as necessary to comply with SCAP version releases
• Provide Quality Assurance Reports to the COTR within the prescribe timeframe
• Validate documentation changes for Quality Assurance related issues for internal/external user documents.
Must have 2-4+ years of experience with a BS degree. Four years of relevant experience can be substituted for the degree.
• Active certification compliance in accordance with DoD Directive 8140.01 and DOD 5870.01-M IAT Level II Category to include Computing Environment (CE) certification (current supported operating system certification).
• Excellent communications skills required
• Advanced knowledge of the Fuels Manager® Defense Software Suite
• Advanced hardware and software knowledge required
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field or 6 yrs. of related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
• Government IT security clearance, IT2 minimum with possible requirements for an IT1
• Travel approximately 20% to 40%
• Experience working with DISA/NSA/NIST security compliance settings for the platforms provided to base level customers, including a full understanding of the operating and system security parameters deployed and utilized in a DoD environment
• Experience with the entire current RMF Process or prior Accreditation methodology
• Experience with Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS)
• Experience with DoD operating system images and security parameters for each branch of service
• Full understanding of IT networking architecture with relation to Client Server configurations and/or thin/thick net configurations
• Experience with Host Based Security Systems and Intrusion Detection Systems
• Full working knowledge of imaging software and deployment methods and packages
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.