The NISC III program within the Leidos Civil group is seeking a Environmental Occupational Health and Safety (EOSH) Professional with Fall Protection expertise to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC III) team.
In this role, you will be supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Environmental Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Programs with the goal of mitigating organizational risks and assisting the FAA achieve an improved state of compliance with Occupational Safety and Health and Environmental Federal, State, and Local law(s).
The focus of the position will be providing support to the FAA’s Fall Protection Programs and you will be responsible for the creation, monitoring, tracking, interpreting, and presentation of various reports and data to all levels of FAA and NISC management.
Responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Project management and planning.
- Work place inspections.
- Training and reporting.
Note: This is a virtual position. Candidate can live anywhere within the United States but preferred focus will be on Jamaica NY, Des Plaines, Ill, and Atlantic City NJ
Typical education and experience:
Typically requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to classify and summarize EOSH data for the preparation and submission of reports on a recurring basis as needed.
- Ability to work at heights, successfully complete fall protection training, and achieve rescue level fall protection certification.
- Ensure all fall protection specifications are consistent with all applicable Federal, State, Local and Agency specific laws, regulations, and guidelines related to Fall Protection.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Ability to work at heights and to safely lift 75 lbs.
- Solid analytical, planning and program assessment skills in the Environmental Occupational Health and Safety field.
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA, ANSI, EPA, and DOT regulations, practices, and/or protocols.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to create, interpret and present various EOSH related reports.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Prior DOT and/or FAA experience is desired.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Environmental Health And Safety
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.