Leidos’ NGITS Engineering team is looking for a new UCC Engineer, to join our Engineering Team. This group supports HHS OS in the DC/MD metro area. Primary mission goals are to research new technical innovations, design and test new systems, and make recommendations to our government counterparts. We also provide tier 3 level support for the operations teams when required for critical issues affecting day to day operations.
- Provide ongoing engineering support for the customer UCC solution. The UCC solution integrates Voice over IP (VoIP), Unified Messaging, Instant Messaging & Presence (IM&P), and Web and Video Conferencing services to streamline how HHS users and customers communicate and collaborate regardless of location.
- Support the planning and refresh of government-furnished UCC assets based on the customer's standard refresh cycle.
- Develop and deliver recommendations for improving the current UCC architecture and technology solutions that best meets the customer's business requirements.
- Based on approved government approved recommendations, develop and deliver a product roadmap for the UCC solution detailing a time-phased implementation path for government approved architecture and technology future feature sets for UCC migration from current to target state technology.
- For all approved UCC projects, deliver a project plan of activities, milestones, and timelines project completion.
- Design, develop, test, and support implementation of approved changes to the UCC architecture and technology.
- Support the deployment, management, communication, and reporting on activities related to government-furnished UCC technology refresh equipment; deliver a monthly status report.
- Manage multiple projects, create project management documentation such as a WBS, ROM, BOM, and coordinate with multiple resources
- Update and create SOPs and training content for any new changes, upgrades, patching, implementation, or new UCC systems
- Provide UCC Tier 3 support in coordination with the Service Desk (and using the government furnished Service Management System and standard escalation procedures) to resolve relevant incidents and problems to include logging and reporting each user trouble call, regularly providing customers with status updates, and successfully closing out incidents on a priority ranking basis. This shall include monitoring the relevant ticketing queues and troubleshooting and resolving UCC-related service requests, incidents, and problems. The Contractor shall report on Tier 3 support monthly.
- Deliver a root cause analysis document for each Severity 1 incident escalated to Tier 3 resolved in accordance with SLAs.
- Ensure all UCC deliverables, documentation, and artifacts adhere to the HHS EPLC policies, processes, and templates.
- Mentor and lead junior engineers by ensuring projects and milestones are on track, following policies, ensuring best practices, and expanding UCC knowledge
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and eight (8) years of general experience. Six (6) years of general experience is considered equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree. With a Master’s degree, six (6) years of general experience is required. With a PhD, four (4) years of general experience is required. Must be a US citizen.
- Candidate must have significant experience in designing, building, and operating Cisco Unified Communication Manager systems in a large production environment and must demonstrate a strong understanding of related technologies.
- Candidate must be able to design, configure, troubleshoot and document at least several of the following as they relate to collaboration solutions:
- Cisco VoIP: Cisco Unified Communication Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco Emergency Responder, WebEx Meeting Server, Jabber, Cisco 7841/7861/8845/8945/8831
- Server Virtualization: Cisco Unified Computing Servers, ESXi, Vcenter
- Networking: Configuration or routers and understanding Quality of Service
- Cisco Telepresence products including Expressways Core/Edge, Cisco Telepresence Management Suite, Multipoint Control Units, Video Communications Servers, ISDN Gateways, Conductor, and Telepresence Content Servers.
- Candidate must have experience with the design, integration, operational support, and strategic direction of systems with Skype for Business and unified messaging infrastructure.
- Microsoft teams collaboration toolset configuration
- Candidate must provide quality customer service ensuring the customer’s directives are carried out and able to provide solutions for unique issues
- Candidate with Project Management experience preferred
- Able to obtain a public trust clearance
CCNP – Collaboration certification is expected. CCIE prefer
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.