Leidos Health Solutions Group has an opportunity for a Data Extraction Expert supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) Mail Automation Services (MAS) task order. Leidos provides a managed service to VA for unattended automation of triage and handling of mail packets after document conversion. These services encompass not only the direct processing of mail packets but also the ancillary services, milestones and deliverables necessary to prepare for and execute the work. This role will be remote from your home office within the United States.
The Data Extraction Expert is accountable for designing, developing and deploying solutions to extract data from images of documents using techniques such as Optical Character Recognition, Intelligent Character Recognition, Intelligent Form Recognition, etc. The team performs the following tasks to provide Mail Automation Services: Automated Mail Processing; Natural Language Processing (NLP) Services; Machine Learning, Vision, Speech and Cognitive Artificial Intelligence (AI) Services; Requirements for Automation and AI; Connectivity, Access, and Security; Testing, Validation, Deployment, and Resilience; Deployments and Volume Management; Updates and Change Control; Business Intelligence (BI) Reporting; and Program and Contract Management and Reporting.
- The Data Extraction Expert performs tasks in a team environment for designing, developing and deploying solutions to extract data from images of documents using techniques such as Optical Character Recognition, Intelligent Character Recognition, Intelligent Form Recognition, etc.
- Work in Agile team environment with business process analysts, developers, testers, production support staff, stakeholders, and external vendor partners.
- Expert in mapping OCR/ICR/HCR captured data elements to a capture schema for use by downstream processing systems.
- Participation in internal review teams, defect triage teams, client requirements elicitation sessions as needed, in a highly dynamic environment
The candidate may
- Be involved in analyses and the investigation of related applications engineering tasks and prepares design specifications, analysis, and recommendations.
- Ensure the compliance of customer standards; also ensures that contractual deliverables assigned are reviewed for completeness and completed on time.
- Works closely with other teams, support organizations, program and product management.
- Interact with senior management and other engineers. Interaction normally involves matters between functional and technical areas.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience designing, developing and deploying solutions to extract data from images of documents.
- 8 years of experience with Optical Character Recognition / Intelligent Character Recognition (OCR/ICR) technologies
- 4+ years of recent experience in performing in environments with Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Artificial Intelligence (AI), and/or Machine Learning (ML).
- Experience with Ephesoft or other Data Extraction platforms to include Kofax, OpenText, Hyland, etc.
- Experience with VA, DoD, or other Federal business processes; business process automation and business process integration efforts
- Understanding or experience of software development and integration processes in multiple environments.
- Experience working in a remote (teleworker) environment
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.