Leidos is looking for a Network Engineer to join our team located at our Richland, WA office. The successful candidate will be part of an Enterprise Data Center team supporting our Transportation Security Administration(TSA) – HCAccess contract.
As part of our team the selected candidate will participate in the management, design and any future implementation of new technology for the Wide Area Network (WAN) systems.
- Provide specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
- Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Identify implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conduct testing of network design; maintain technical expertise in all areas of network hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluate and report on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 5 years’ relevant experience in large enterprise WAN infrastructures. An additional 4 years' experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with Cisco networking equipment and protocols, Firewall rules, Routes and NAT.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cisco Nexus, UCS and ASA technologies.
- Understanding of bandwidth requirements and have experience with performance tuning of responsible environments.
- Demonstrated experience with Network Backbone and Transport systems, Wireless, Network Management development and operations, Network Security background, Cisco infrastructure components, DNS, LINUX, and/or UNIX skills.
- Experience in Data Center Disaster Recovery events in support of Continuity of Operations of a large WAN.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) obtained no later than Jan 2014.
- Experience supporting a large, federal WAN / LAN environment.
- Advanced experience with F5 GTM/LTM appliances, QoS, IPv6, VoIP, Unified Communications.
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance, prior to on-boarding.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.