The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for an Asset Manager at Joint Base Andrews, Maryland.
JOB SUMMARY: The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS), and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), leased spaces, and alternate sites within the National Capital Region (NCR). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment. The major support areas are: Call Center, IT Desktop Support, Wireless Device Support, Server/Application O&M, Cybersecurity, Projects and Engineering. The successful candidate will be our Asset Management lead for all support areas, responsible for working with the asset management team to ensure inventory is current, accurate, complete and integrated with the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and other required Air Force tools.
- Perform the duties of equipment custodian (EC)/property custodian (PC) in accordance with applicable Air Force Guidance for Information Technology Asset Management (ITAM) AFMAN 17-1203.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the Government Service Owner (GSO) on general terms and conditions, benefits, strategic and tactical directions, license ordering information, pricing, deployment, and support of products included in vendor agreements.
- Perform proactive demand planning to identify the need for new inventory, including tech refresh demands.
- Account for and track Government-owned equipment (GOE) and Government furnished property (GFP), including purchased and leased equipment and software license management, throughout the lifecycle from procurement to disposition.
- Maintain a lifecycle repository for all assets consistent with an Enterprise IT Service Management (EITSM) system of record (e.g., Remedy).
- Perform warehouse management and logistics support activities to include managing the receipt, storage, issue and disposal of AFNCR IT assets.
- Operate a Forward Supply Point and maintain stock inventory to ensure assets are available for expedited deployment or returns to support operations such as projects, maintenance, loaner program, and tech refresh.
- Ensure inspection compliance and lead annual inventory reviews.
- Drive improvements to asset management processes by working with Government stakeholders, external organizations, and internal teams to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of related experience, certification, and/or training may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Hands-on experience with the duties of the EC/PC in accordance with Air Force Guidance for ITAM AFMAN 17-1203, including compliance with security and disposal standards.
- Multiple years of experience leading asset management teams of 10-15 or more resources in various locations.
- Multiple years of experience managing the receipt, storage, issue, and disposal of a large quantity of IT assets (e.g., 60,000+) across multiple, geographic locations.
- Hands-on experience with system upgrades, software updates, life cycle refreshes and deployments on a large-scale.
- Experience working in an ITIL based enterprise IT environment.
- Current DoD Secret security clearance or higher.
- Knowledge of Air Force, Pentagon, and/or AFNCR operations.
- Experience utilizing advanced features in Remedy 9.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.