The Defense Group of Leidos has a career opening for a Functional Engineering Manager at Scott AFB, IL.
Our customer, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) at Scott AFB IL, acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers, the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. This role manages all staffing actions for a large, globally dispersed team. The functional engineering manager works closely within the program management team to identify qualified candidates, conduct interviews, make hire/no hire decisions, and coordinate staffing issues with customer mission managers, program leadership, and subcontractors. He/she will manage the career progression/redeployment programs that assists current employees to find new opportunities within the program. He/She will also work closely with Leidos corporate entities to facilitate the onboarding and redeployment of current employees and support employee development. The Functional Engineering Manager will perform site management duties in support of the contractor workforce at and around SAFB.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, a quick learner and able to work independently while collaborating with other team members and customers in a complex environment.
- Manage all staffing activities within a large, globally dispersed team
- Collaborate with hiring managers to staff existing and future needs and ensure staffing is accomplished in a timely manner
- Manage recruitment sources and local hiring events
- Coordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, career progression, salary planning, and recognition/disciplinary actions
- Establish enterprise processes for personnel management
- Develop and implement enterprise training plan
- Manage/analyze staff retention and develop corrective courses of action if required
- On-boarding new program team members
- Developing/updating/improving program processes, policies and tools related to personnel staffing and functional needs
- Identify and manage issues, risks, dependencies
- Develop and present management reports to include staffing, attrition, and other personnel metrics
- Manage employee accountability
- Manage reporting for Government Furnished Equipment (GFE)
- Contractor site leadership at Scott AFB
- Track compliance to program processes/procedures
- Monitor completion of mandatory compliance and program training
- Draft program directives
- Coordinate program newsletter and team communications
- Some travel may be required (10%)
- BA/BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Prior experience as a supervisor in Leidos
- Familiarity with Leidos support organizations and corporate procedures
- Exhibits thorough understanding of Leidos job families, compensations, and pay/performance processes.
- Excellent briefing, writing, communication, administrative, and organizational skills
Self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (to include Microsoft Project)
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- ITIL certification
- Top Secret or TS/SCI eligible preferred.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.