The Data Scientist will analyze actual and predictable interacting operational activities of given target sets and client requests to obtain a quantitative, rational basis for decision making through the application of logic and scientific or economic disciplines and techniques. The Data scientist will also devise modeling and measuring techniques; utilize mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, operational mathematics techniques (linear programming, game theory, probability theory, symbolic language, etc.), and other principles and laws of scientific and economic disciplines in support of GEOINT customer objectives. They will identify and evaluate standardized methods, models and algorithms to address intelligence problems of limited scale as directed. The data scientist will also be responsible for providing documentation for methods and algorithms use in data science solutions to the client and addressing outstanding items. The candidate must have demonstrated good oral and written communication skills. The successful candidate will work as a member of a government-contractor team providing data research and analysis to solve intelligence problems by developing and applying methods to identify, collect, process, and analyze large volumes of data to build new and enhance existing GEOINT and OSINT products, processes, and systems.
MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS
- Requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Active TS/SCI with Poly is required to be considered. An Active TS/SCI will require a Poly to be considered.
- Ability to conceive and prepare thorough, well-articulated tactical or strategic data science products
- Ability to identify, retrieve, manipulate, relate and/or exploit multiple structured data sets from various sources
- Ability to identify problems to which data science can be applied and initiate appropriate solutions
- Ability to identify and appropriately evaluate a wide range of existing methods, models and algorithms in familiar domains for a variety of mission driven problems while recognizing the capabilities and limitations of each method
- Demonstrated strong writing and oral communication skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.