Leidos has a career opening for an Information Assurance (IA) / Cybersecurity Engineer at Fort Hood, TX.
• Support the implementation and administration of information security policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure the protection of systems, applications, and data on tactical and development networks.
• Provide professional security services for IA/Cybersecurity in accordance with US Government (USG), Department of Defense (DoD), Department of the Army (DA), and US Army Forces Command (FORSCOM) policies and guidelines.
• Provide the necessary support to monitor and ensure compliance with information security policies, procedures and regulatory requirements including assistance with internal auditing, reporting, technical reviews, and identification of security risks.
• Provide technical assistance in support of Cybersecurity inspections and Site Assistance Visits (SAV).
• Assist with drafting, reviewing, editing, and recommending guidance for Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Tactics, Techniques, & Procedures (TTP), Plan Of Action and Milestones (POA&M), Army Portfolio Management System (APMS), and Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
• Support the migration of network accreditations from the legacy DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) to the Risk Management Framework (RMF) utilizing the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) system.
• Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience; additional related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Must meet DoD 8570 IAM Level 1 or higher (Sec+CE or higher).
• 5+ years of experience in IA/Cybersecurity.
• Active DoD Secret clearance.
• Security certificates such as CISSP, CISM, GSLC, or CASP.
• Experience with Tactical Server Infrastructure (TSI) and Battle Command Common Services (BCCS).
• Experience in performing risk assessment, IT audits, security planning, systems accreditation and policy development.
• Experience complying with USG, DoD, and DA regulations and preparing for responding to information security audits and questionnaires.
• Understanding of related information technology (e.g. firewalls, VPN, virtualization, DLP, etc) and physical security assets.
• Knowledge of domain structures, user authentication, data encryption, access audits and end-user security best practices.
• Experience with UNIX/LINUX OS and any scripting language.
• Experience working with IDS/IPS and processes.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.