Leidos is seeking a Seismic Analyst to join the US Prompt Diagnostic System (USPDS) team at Air Force Technical Application Center (AFTAC) at Patrick AFB, FL. The multi-year contract is in support of the National Technical Nuclear Forensics (NTNF) mission. Candidates must currently possess a TS/SCI security clearance in order to be considered.
In this role you will provide technical analytical support in the areas of speed of sound (SOS) technologies (seismic, overpressure, infrasound). Primary task will be to review daily data feeds to discern, identify, and document man-made phenomena verses naturally occurring phenomena. The analyst will also document any state of health (SOH) issues with sensors, software or communication systems from an estimated 80 sensor locations. The analyst will collaborate with customer operations and subject matter experts (SMEs) to understand background noise at sensor sites and their impact on data evaluation and review. The seismic analyst will document standard operating procedures, checklists, and concept of operations baselines and changes that occur as the contractor refines analyst duties. Opportunities also exist for the analyst to make recommendation to automate data evaluations to reduce data reviews.
- Must be US citizen with active DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and less than 2 years of relevant experience.
- Seismic, hydroacoustic, infrasonic or satellite analysis experience
- Experience with ARS and SEATools
- Experience on large, complex, scientific real-time applications
- Experience with systematic troubleshooting and diagnostics methodology
- Proficient writing skills to document and communicate work results and anomalies.
- Strong communication skills to effectively interact with teammates, management and customers.
- Willingness to follow established methodologies and procedures
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Experience with SQL and the Center for Seismic Studies (CSS) schema
- Experience with scripting language(s) or programming language(s)
- Experience with scientific evaluation tools (e.g. Matlab, GMT, or SPlus)
- Fluent working in a Unix environment (i.e. Solaris 10 or Red Hat Linux)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.