Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice and other U.S. Government agencies. From emails and instant messages, to serves, electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference.
Leidos is looking for a top-notch Accounting Technician in support of one of our federal agency customers in Washington, DC.
In general, the Accounting Technician reviews and analyzes financial data, documents and manual or automated accounting systems. Specific duties may include any or all of the following:
- Evaluate financial data to verify the accuracy of operational and financial performance metrics.
- Reconcile all financial books, reimbursable agreements, obligations, and payments weekly.
- Analyze, verify and process all reimbursable agreements
- Process various DOJ reimbursement management cycle transactions and documentation
- Request project codes buildups and budget funds moves as needed.
- Analyze financial management system errors, correct, and provide recommendations for alternative processing methods to achieve systems objectives.
- Monitor development of financial reports to track status of obligations and committed funds.
- Monitor, review and processing of the forms relevant to the reimbursable agreements management cycle including interagency agreements
- Efficiently communicates with the DOJ head accounting office regarding financial data discrepancies and systems errors; ensures efficient and accurate resolution of the errors.
- Adjustment of the payroll/labor transactions via re-org processing.
- Correct and processes federal government travel in accordance with policies and regulations
Verify, analyze, and maintain financial information used by the DOJ Office of the Comptroller.
Use various electronic software and databases, such as UFMS, JEDI and JEDI-2, SAFARI, E-2, and SAMS.gov, to analyze complex data sets.
Use various software packages, databases, and online resources to record and retrieve financial data, particularly related to reimbursable and billing process.
Use a financial management system to track expenditures of multiple accounts.
Generate reconciliation reports from a financial management system and reconciles financial books/reports weekly.
Prepare financial reports and documentation for review and signature by DOJ Office of the Comptroller Management and numerous other U.S. Government agencies.
Tabulate data on program participants, costs, and hours, as well as statistical information. Collects and prepares supportive documentation for DOJ Inter-agency accounts receivable billing and invoice process.
Initiate IPAC process and verify collections.
Monitor any financial transactions related to the IPAC billing process and ensures 100% accuracy of billing and invoice processing.
Obtain approvals of the DOJ Budget Analysts, DOJ Financial Director, and DOJ attorneys necessary and other U.S. Government agencies for the billing and collection process.
Report financial data, submit reconciliations reports, and make short-range and long-range recommendations from analysis to DOJ Budget Analysts, DOJ Financial Director, DOJ Attorneys, and other U.S. Government agencies in accordance with the deadlines or upon request
Coordinates closely with the designated assistant division director on program planning and budget management in the administration and support of specific programs.
Assist and provide support to other sections of DOJ in UFMS transaction processing and provide suggestion in system errors resolutions.
Compose memorandums, referencing financial reports and activities, as well as letters to the outside vendors and agencies, as needed.
Composes and disseminates correspondence, prepares forms and financial documents, manage databases, maintains the office files, routes paperwork, schedules and assists with web conferences, prepares meeting room and office events.
Performs other duties, either as assigned or on own initiative, that are necessary for regular or special projects undertaken by the division.
Prepare the expert witnesses’ invoices, contracts, and payable rates for processing; evaluates invoices for accuracy and identifies any discrepancies or errors.
Create Agreements Rollup Reports..
Contributes to team efforts, as needed.
- Associate degree in Accounting with 2 years of related experience OR a Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- With the COR’s approval, relevant financial and accounting experience performing technical level duties in accounting, banking, or finance for corporations or non-profit organizations may be substituted for the education and credit requirements.
- Experience in banks and banking.
- Knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems used by banking, financial and other institutions. Excellent oral and written communications skills required.
- Must be able to lift small boxes up to 35 lbs.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Suggested skills that would be helpful for this position:
- UFSM, JEDI, SAFARI, E-2, and Excel proficiency
- Budgeting Cycle Management
- Financial Management
- Accounts payable (A/P) and Accounts receivable (A/R) management and processing
- Reimbursable agreements analysis and management
- Obligations processing and committed funds tracking
- Auditing and accounting services
- Cash flow analysis
- Statistical analysis
- Financial fraud related research
- Electronic data acquisition
- Electronic data processing
- Systems analysis
- Systems administration
- Database user support
- Record Management
- Business legal compliance
- Special projects
- Analytical and critical thinking, time management and organization
- Excel proficiency with skills to include various formatting, sorting, and correction of data, and table manipulations, such as: Table array, Sum function, Max min function, Vlookup, Trim, Pivot table, Arithmetical formulas
- Current or active clearance, preferred
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Accounts Receivable
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.