Are you looking for a challenging opportunity to make a difference by supporting the warfighter? Do you thrive in a fast paced, impact driven environment?
Leidos has openings for a Network Operations Controllers for JRSS NOC at Scott Air Force Base, IL.
Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) is partnering with the U.S. Army and Air Force to fundamentally change the way the Department of Defense (DoD) secures and protects its information networks by deploying Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS). Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS) are designed for security of the network to be centralized into regional architectures instead of locally distributed architectures at each military base, post, camp or station.
This position directly supports the DISA-provided JRSS capabilities and services in our 24-7 Global Network Support Center working in our JRSS NOC.
- Responsible for overall network engineering support for customer programs including planning, designing, and evaluating various components of the DISA Enterprise Network.
- Solve routine technical problems following established procedures and policies• Work directly with Engineering team to provide specifications for network architecture, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current capabilities, and performing needs assessments.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve network related issues through monitoring, testing, and servicing network equipment.
- High School diploma and 3+yrs. of overall related experience; Associates and Bachelor's degree, preferred.
- Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) prior to start date.
- Able to work in a shift work environment as we are a 24/7 operation.
- Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management• Expertise in one or more of the following: routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, CISCO, Juniper, F5 Load Balancers, BlueCoat Web Proxy, or Palo Alto Firewalls.
- General understanding of network topologies including BGP and OSPF protocols.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.